The Last King of Scotland

by Giles Foden | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0571195644 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Nell-Lu of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 9/15/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 15, 2008
This is the first time I've used pre-numbered labels. They don't work quite the way I expected, but I think I've got the hang of them now after a little experimentation. The AF below is me.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, September 15, 2008
Found this in an experiment

CAUGHT IN EDINBURGH MIDLOTHIAN SCOTLAND

Journal Entry 3 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Winner of the Whitbread First Novel Award 1998.

Update: read September 2013. The narrator is, and knows he is, a difficult character to empathise with. I found myself wondering whether the book would be readable if written in the third person, or whether Garrigan's actions described by someone else would be too disturbing. Instead, the first person narrative draws you into Garrigan's morally ambiguous world.

Released 6 yrs ago (9/10/2013 UTC) at -- wild release somewhere in København in København K - City, København Amt Denmark

I'm taking this on holiday and will release it somewhere in Copenhagen when I'm finished.

If you've found this - welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy the book and then pass it on to continue its journey. It'd be great to find out where it has travelled to and read your review. You can stay completely anonymous if you prefer, or you can join BookCrossing (it's free) if you'd like to take part in this booklovers' community.

Update: I left this in a hotel lift.