Psychics and Swords: The Amazing and Totally Plausible Adventures of Steve Walton

by J. M. Naydol | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by JohnJaySmith of Ingleside, Illinois USA on 9/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by JohnJaySmith from Ingleside, Illinois USA on Friday, September 12, 2008
If you enjoy this book, please consider spending a minute or two helping me out, as I am a struggling writer up against some giant megapublishers of doom. Tell your friends, post these links, write a review on these sites, purchase your own copy... do whatever you can to help me spread the word!

Direct from the publisher:

Amazon.com:

And if those links don't work, just search for ISBN number 978-1-4357-3239-1. Thanks a million!

Journal Entry 2 by JohnJaySmith at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, September 12, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (9/13/2008 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Sending to Belgium!

Journal Entry 3 by wingMoriquenwing from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, September 19, 2008
Thanks, JohnJaySmith, the book arrived safe and sound. I'll be sure to share it with others in this area!

Journal Entry 4 by wingMoriquenwing from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, September 20, 2008
I'm going to share this book as a "Ray it Forward". I borrowed the idea from crrcookie (and nikel27) as well as her explanation of this type of ray.

If you are in possession of this book then please look for another BookCrosser to pass it to. Check the wish lists, the forums, a yahoo group, the BookRelay, or offer it at a meeting …whatever way you choose to pass it on is up to you. If it seems that no other BookCrossers wants it then send it along its way as a wild release but this should be a last resort.

Why this you might ask? As this book was published by a struggling author, I feel the auhtor will benefit more from actual readers and not wild releases. (Which sometimes, let's face it, have a pretty low catch rate ...)

***Please note that it would be polite to let the next person know that this is a Ray It Forward book before you pass it along to them so that they will know that they will be expected to pass it on in a couple months.

This Ray it Forward will go to:

1. n1c0las
2. mefeather
3. sneeuws
4. Sonje
5. iez
6. bookguide + son of bookguide
7. ...?

Journal Entry 5 by wingMoriquenwing from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I am happy to say that I have finally finished the book. And it was a totally absurd journey! :D

I am torn a bit when it comes to this book. I laughed my ass of at certain parts of it and the conversation is amusing. The action is well described and still funny at the same time. However I missed a good storyline to pull all of it together. The background story seems a bit flimsy. And you start wondering why Steve and Cram are fighting this or that beast/monster/gummy bear and what this has to do with the overall storyline. (--> Loved the gummy bears, by the way!)

But it needs to be said that it was a very entertaining book, despite of a weakish storyline. I've had fun trying to remember my favourite moments and the most ridiculous jokes. The author has a type of humour that I love (sarcasm makes the world go round) and has the ability to make any description rather graphic. This is one of my favourite examples:
"The gun itself appeared to be a two-handed laser rifle of the intergalactic variety, something that would probably be damn good at starting a fire."

I have PM'ed the next person in the list.
(Second PM on 27/04/'09)

Journal Entry 6 by wingMoriquenwing at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 08, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/8/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

On its way to n1c0las.

Journal Entry 7 by wingJoanazinhawing from Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, August 30, 2009
The book is at my place now to be send to mefeather. My brother n1c0las apologizes for the delay in making a j.e. and sending the book to the next participant.

Journal Entry 8 by wingJoanazinhawing at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 31, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/31/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

On its way to mefeather.

Journal Entry 9 by mefeather from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Yay! It arrived safe and sound today. I'm really looking forward to reading this book. What I read on the blurb etcetera sounds really delicious and fun. I will have to leave it for the time being, since I have already two ringbooks at home, but I do hope to read those very soon. So, to be continued! :-)

Journal Entry 10 by mefeather from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, October 19, 2009
I've tried several times to read it, but there's something that's not working between me and this book. The whole plot idea is great, but it just doesn't work out for me. I simply couldn't finish the book. Sorry. I will send it on as quickly as possible to the next reader, hoping that it will be more appreciated there.

Released 10 yrs ago (10/28/2009 UTC) at from one bookcrosser to another, Ring Ring Ringggg -- Controlled Releases

Op weg naar de volgende. Veel leesplezier!

Journal Entry 12 by MrSneeuws from Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Monday, November 30, 2009
Finished the book some time ago, but never got around to make a journal entry (sorry about that). Well, up until now that is :)

Loved the book, read it really quicky (in something like 10 hours, maybe less). The start of the book felt a bit cliche, but I couldn't exactly wrap my finger around it. However, the more I read, the more I wanted to read along. The style of the book really worked for me, and the main characters were believable enough for immersion. The humor in the book is on par with, say, Douglas Adams, or perhaps Grant/Naylor; I laughed really hard at times, mostly due to hilarious sentences.

So, thumbs up for the struggling writer! We (Sneeuws and me ;)) will make sure that the book will reach its new BCer.

Journal Entry 13 by Sonje from Maastricht, Limburg Netherlands on Friday, December 11, 2009
Arrived here safely today! Thanks for sending it, Sneeuwsjes! I look forward to reading it, but it has to wait a little bit because of a reading group book and some rings that suddenly came... Always all at once, aren't they?

Edit: I am very sorry, I just noticed that I have had this book longer than I am supposed to... I will start reading it as soon as I have finished my current book!

Journal Entry 14 by Sonje from Maastricht, Limburg Netherlands on Saturday, February 27, 2010
For some reason, me and this book are not a good combination. A few weeks back, I read the first chapters, and really liked it, but then it got a little too absurd for me. From that point on, I just couldn't get myself to read the rest of the book, I read a couple of sentences, a chapter sometimes, but I didn't get 'n sync with the book. As this book has been here very, very long, I think it's best to let it go to the next person. So thank you for this ring, it's been a good laugh for the part that I've read! I am going to send Iez a PM to see if the book is welcome there!

Journal Entry 15 by iez from Zutphen, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, March 19, 2010
I got home. Opening the door was like uhm,.. not like it should. Somehow this book got hisself tangled between the door and the wall.
will read it asap

Journal Entry 16 by iez from Zutphen, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, March 28, 2010
trying to read this book. Can not find myself in peace with this book. What is wrong with the book? The letters, the layout? I do not know. I only know this is not my cuppatea. Sadly because I think the story has potential.
I will contact the next one, maybe it is the next persons cuppatea

Journal Entry 17 by winghema-verfwing from - Boekenhemel/begraafplaats, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Will rest for a while on my shelf till Bookguide will pick it up.

Journal Entry 18 by bookguide from Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, April 18, 2010
When I got home from the Bookcrossing Anniversary Convention in Amsterdam this weekend, the first thing my daughter said to me was, "That Dutch lady came this afternoon and left you some books". "That Dutch lady" was Hema-verf, and this was one of the books. Thank you for bringing them over, Hema-verf, and I look forward to reading this and passing it on to another reader.

Journal Entry 19 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Not great literature, but it is great fun, if you don't mind a teenage narrator dude and a totally off-the wall alien / monster / cloning sci-fi fantasy with psychic powers thrown in for good measure. I initially thought to compare it with an American Adrian Mole / Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy combination, but having just watched 'Men in Black', it fits perfectly in that bracket, and as Steve says, "It all sounds like the ridiculous plot of a bizarre movie". I could see this book becoming a cult classic amongst teenage boys. Whether it does or not remains in the hands of the publishers and fate. Stranger things have happened!

Journal Entry 20 by bookguide at OBCZ-Publiek (gesloten) in Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Friday, October 29, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (10/29/2010 UTC) at OBCZ-Publiek (gesloten) in Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

Taking this to a meeting in Eindhoven this afternoon, hoping to find a new reader.

This book has been released as part of the following BookCrossing challenges:
- The Ultimate Challenge - read and release books, with extra points for a monthly theme
- Reduce Mount TBR (To Be Read) - read and release books on the TBR list since before Jan. 2010. My reading goal is 75 books.
- Pages Read Challenge - read a self-set target number of pages in 2010. My goal is 24,000.
- Set It Yourself Challenge

Journal Entry 21 by wingboekenxnlwing at Son en Breugel (incl. Son, Breugel), Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Friday, October 29, 2010
I got this book today at the meeting in Eindhoven. It might be of interest for my son. Thanks Bookguide for bringing this book.

Journal Entry 22 by wingboekenxnlwing at Voormalige OBCZ 't Blauw Boerke in Best, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Thursday, January 06, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (1/9/2011 UTC) at Voormalige OBCZ 't Blauw Boerke in Best, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

Dit boek gaat met mij mee naar de Nieuwjaarsmeeting in Best op zoek naar een nieuwe lezer.

Veel plezier.

Journal Entry 23 by wing1972Galadrielwing at Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, January 09, 2011
Found at the meeting, sounds promissing :)

Journal Entry 24 by wing1972Galadrielwing at Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, May 19, 2014
I'm guessing its more for teenagers, it is entertaining at times, but after about 150 pages I was done with it the style of the writing.

Journal Entry 25 by wing1972Galadrielwing at - Ergens in Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (6/5/2014 UTC) at - Ergens in Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Hello finder! If you read this, you have found a travelling book.
Congratulations!

You can read this book, make a note of how you liked the book (it's free
and you can stay anonymous if you like) and release it 'in the wild' or
pass it on to someone else.

If you want to follow the book on its world travels you'd better register as
a new bookcrosser. You could mention my name (1972Galadriel) as Referring Member. I
would appreciate that very much.

There's an explanation in Dutch at http://www.bookcrossing.nl/ and there's
also a Dutch forum http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/15

See you at Bookcrossing!

1972Galadriel

Hallo boekvinder,

als je dit leest heb je een zwerfboek gevonden, gefeliciteerd!

Je kunt dit boek lezen, hopelijk is het iets dat je leuk vindt, je kunt je mening erover hier opschrijven (gratis, spamvrij, en je kunt anoniem blijven als je wilt) en het weer doorgeven of loslaten 'in het wild' voor een volgende lezer.

Als je net als ik het boek wilt volgen op zijn wereldreis kun je ook bookcrosser worden. In dat geval zou je mijn naam (1972Galadriel) kunnen vermelden als Referring Member. Dat zou ik leuk vinden.

Nederlandse uitleg vind je op http://www.bookcrossing.nl/ en er is ook een Nederlands forum op http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/15

Tot ziens bij Bookcrossing!

1972Galadriel