Shanghai Baby

by Zhou Wei Hui | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 1841193615 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Tsjara of Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on 9/10/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, September 10, 2008
From the cover: Publicly burned in China for its sensual nature and irreverent style, this novel is the semi-autobiographical story of Coco, a café waitress, who is full of enthusiasm and impatience for life. She meets a young man, Tian Tian, for whom she feels tenderness and love, but he is reclusive, impotent and an increasing user of drugs. Despite parental objections, Coco moves in with him, leaves her job and throws herself into writing. Shortly afterwards she meets Mark, a married Westerner. The two are incontrollably attracted and begin a highly charged, physical affair. Torn between her two lovers, and tormented by her deceit, her unfinished novel and the conflicting feelings involved in love and betrayal, Coco begins to find out who she really is.

Journal Entry 2 by Tsjara at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/16/2009 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

On it's way to the winner of the Never Won a Sweepstake RABCK!

Congratulations! And happy reading :)

Journal Entry 3 by christina82 from Stege, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Yeah...I was the Decoy in Never won a Sweepstake RABCK - thank you so much for this book.
It looks very interesting. Also a big thanks for the lovely candy and the nice postcard.

Journal Entry 4 by christina82 at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 25, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/25/2009 UTC) at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This has been sitting on my shelves for far to long, I will give it to my friend DitteL as she was the winner of the chick-lit sweepstake. Maybe I can borrow it from her when she's done with it - as I really would have liked to read it! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Sunday, October 25, 2009
Yes I won! And Christina you did very well in keeping the secret even telling me that we could send our books to the winner together. And of course you can borrow the book when I've read it - it's meant to travel even if its only back across the bridge to Møn.

Journal Entry 6 by DitteL at Herlev bibliotek - bogbyttedag in Herlev, København Amt Denmark on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/16/2014 UTC) at Herlev bibliotek - bogbyttedag in Herlev, København Amt Denmark

As my family has grown and I know longer have the time or space for as many books as I used to, this lovely book is continuing its journey. Hopefully, it will find a new owner who will have the time to enjoy it.
Safe journey little book