Songs in Ordinary Time (Oprah's Book Club)

by Mary McGarry Morris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 9/10/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 10, 2008
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 13, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/13/2008 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

to Dabercro as a Thanksgiving RABCK

Journal Entry 3 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Saturday, November 29, 2008
Received in the mail today. It looks like an interesting read. Thank you so much booklady331 for the RABCK.

Journal Entry 4 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, May 27, 2019
From the back of the book..."It's the summer of 1960 in Atkinson, Vermont. Marie Fermoyle is a strong but vulnerable divorced woman whose lonliness nd ambition for her children make her easy prey for dangerous con man Omar Duvall. Marie's children are Alice, seventeen--involved with a young priest; Norm, sixteen--hotheaded and idealistic; and Benjy, twelve--isolated and misunderstood, and so desperate for his mother's happiness that he hides the deadly truth he knows about Duvall. We also meet Sam Fermoyle, the children's alcoholic father; Sam's brother-in-law who makes anonymous "love" calls from the bathroom of his failing appliance store; and the Klubock family, who--in contrast to the Fermoyles--live an orderly life in the house next door"

My thoughts...It was a little hard for me to get into this book. There were so many characters to keep track of and their relationships to each other. It was well worth sticking with it because I really did enjoy this big book. I was disappointed with the ending. After such a long, involved novel of an entire town, there were too many unresolved issues. The ending felt too abrupt for me.