Kaddish for a Child Not Born

by Imre Kertesz | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by kizmiaz of Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 9/8/2008
Journal Entry 1 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, September 08, 2008
"Imre Kertesz's mesmerizing novel is a tale of identity and memory - the story of a middle-aged man taking stock of his life in the ever-present shadow of the Holocaust. The story unfolds at a writers retreat as the narrator, a survivor of the Holocaust, explains to a friend that he cannot bring a child into a world where the Holocaust occurred and could occur again. In an intricate narrative, we learn of the narrator's myriad disappointments: his unsuccessful literary career, his failed marriage, his ex-wife's new family and children - children that could have been his own. Kaddish for a Child Not Born is a deeply introspective, poetic yet unsentimental work."

Although I've loved Fatelessness I couldn't come to terms with this book and had to give it up about half way through, I just found it too dense.

Journal Entry 2 by kizmiaz at Various, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/20/2009 UTC) at Various, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Released into ElHurricane's Virtual BBox

Journal Entry 3 by ElHurricane on Thursday, April 23, 2009
Arrived.
thanks kizmiaz for joining teh Box