Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance

by BARACK OBAMA | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingk00kaburrawing of San Jose, California USA on 10/4/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingk00kaburrawing from San Jose, California USA on Saturday, October 04, 2008
Rec'd via Bookmooch.com.

Amazon Editorial Review

In this lyrical, unsentimental, and compelling memoir, the son of a black African father and a white American mother searches for a workable meaning to his life as a black American. It begins in New York, where Barack Obama learns that his father—a figure he knows more as a myth than as a man—has been killed in a car accident. This sudden death inspires an emotional odyssey—first to a small town in Kansas, from which he retraces the migration of his mother’s family to Hawaii, and then to Kenya, where he meets the African side of his family, confronts the bitter truth of his father’s life, and at last reconciles his divided inheritance.

Journal Entry 2 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015
Cleaning out my bookshelves.
I don't think I'll ever get around to reading this.

Released 1 yr ago (3/16/2018 UTC) at Bookmooch.com in -- BookMooch.com, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

sent to North Carolina to fulfill a request on Bookmooch.com!