A Quiet Belief In Angels

by R.J. Ellory | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Ladkyis of Newport, Wales United Kingdom on 9/3/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Ladkyis from Newport, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 03, 2008
1939. In the small rural community of Augusta Falls, twelve-year-old Joseph Vaughan hears of the brutal assault and murder of a young girl, the first in a series of killings that will blight the community over the next decade. Joseph and his friends are determined to protect Augusta Falls against the evil in their midst and from the Guardians. But the murderer evades them and they watch helplessly as one child after another is taken.
Even when the killings cease, a shadow of fear follows Joseph for the rest of his life. The past won't stay buried and, fifty years later Joseph must confront the nightmare that has overshadowed his entire life...

Journal Entry 2 by Ladkyis at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (12/2/2008 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent as part of a Not So Secret Santa Parcel

Journal Entry 3 by BC-Widow from Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 26, 2008
Thank you very much for my books and hand crafted decorations. The 4th book I have already dipped into and left somewhere so I will journal it when I can find it again!!

Journal Entry 4 by BC-Widow from Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 03, 2009
A very well written book; the exploration of one man's life and the effects on him and his community when a child killer starts murdering little girls, whilst a gruemsome topic, is more about human interaction and growing up. Had me gripped to the end.

Journal Entry 5 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Although the subject of this book, the brutal murder of little girls, was quite disturbing throughout this book, it was such a good story, and the main character Joseph was so interesting, it didn't bother me. I am not sure Lyzzybee would cope though! I am surprised at myself though as I have a daughter who is right slap bang in the middle of the age range of the chosen victims.

I picked this book up as the author has spoken of his support for bookcrossing, and offered to do an author talk in Birmingham after he spotted an LJ post by my sister, Katweeble.

Journal Entry 6 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Leaving in the Great Western Arms by Aynho Wharf while we stop for dinner on our holidays.

Journal Entry 7 by weebly at Great Western Arms in Aynho, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (8/15/2009 UTC) at Great Western Arms in Aynho, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Left a few days ago on their book shelf while pasing through on a trip on the Oxford Canal.

Journal Entry 8 by ValerieEBell from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, August 27, 2009
Picked it up from the Great Western on Thursday 20th August at the end of our fortnight's holiday on the canals and River Thames. Am releasing it in the Staff Room at work: Matthew Boulton College, Birmingham (27th August 2009)