The House of Gaian (Tir Alainn Trilogy)

by Anne Bishop | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by trekwoman of -- Somewhere in the state --, California USA on 9/1/2008
Journal Entry 1 by trekwoman from -- Somewhere in the state --, California USA on Monday, September 01, 2008
Paperback. Purchased used.

Journal Entry 2 by trekwoman at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/25/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Part of the Never Been Boxed inventory.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing from Binghamton, New York USA on Tuesday, April 27, 2010
taken out of: Trekwoman's "Never Been Boxed" All-Genre Bookbox

looks interesting - going on our TBR shelf
Thanks

Journal Entry 4 by BookLovinMama at Arnold, Missouri USA on Tuesday, August 01, 2017
I received this as part of Waternixie's Potluck Book Ray. Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to read!

Journal Entry 5 by BookLovinMama at Arnold, Missouri USA on Monday, September 25, 2017
As I had pulled this book out of a book box, I didn’t realize that it was the last in a trilogy until about 50 pages in. While I believe reading the other two books would have helped with some context/back stories, I felt that the book was able to stand on its own.

I enjoyed that the author bounced from character to character telling the story from their perspectives. However, some of the characters didn’t appear to be relevant, so perhaps she was wrapping up a few story lines.

I also liked that the chapters were smaller. It allowed me to pick up the book more frequently as I could read a few pages when I had time and didn’t feel like I was stopping in the middle of something. This was probably a benefit to how the book was written from the multiple characters as well.

The book itself was depicted what appeared to be an epic battle. In the end, the battle itself was very short, so a bit of a letdown for the battle itself. However, I did enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 6 by BookLovinMama at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, September 25, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/25/2017 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Releasing this book as part of emmejo's Otherworldly book box. Sending this book to the next participant. Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 7 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, October 05, 2017
This book rode to the end of the Otherworldly Book box.

Journal Entry 8 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, February 01, 2018
Like BookLovinMama, I felt this book stood on its own quite well. I definitely got the feeling I was missing some of the more subtle interactions, but there was plenty in this volume to inform me about everyone's main loyalties and goals.

I thoroughly enjoyed the magic systems in use here, and the interesting mythology and history of this world. It gave the setting a sense of depth and solemnity that was well-balanced by the humor and action of the story. Bishop is an author I often think I should read more of, but only ever seem to read her books when I stumble across them. Perhaps this one will have been memorable to get me to be more proactive towards finding her work!

Journal Entry 9 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, March 09, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (3/9/2018 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

One of the starting volumes in the Otherworldly (Shrinking) Bookbox

Journal Entry 10 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Since I checked and I'm able to get the other 2 books of this trilogy at the library, I am taking this one ... it looks like a really good story.