Alias Grace: A Novel

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingjlautnerwing of Henderson, Nevada USA on 8/29/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingjlautnerwing from Henderson, Nevada USA on Friday, August 29, 2008
One of Atwood's best. She is really stretching her literary muscles here, taking us into the mind of a supposed killer who doesn't remember what she did.

I read this a few years ago and do not remember details but I do recall how much I liked it. I hope it finds its way to someone who will actually read it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjlautnerwing from Henderson, Nevada USA on Friday, December 12, 2008
Reserved for "every one's a (prize) winner" book box.

Journal Entry 3 by trekwoman from -- Somewhere in the state --, California USA on Monday, December 15, 2008
Margaret Atwood is one of my favorite writers in contemporary fiction. I always learn something worthy when reading one of her books. I don't know if I've read this or not-- I don't believe I have, so I'm twice as excited that it came home today in the Prize Winner box. THANK YOU!

Journal Entry 4 by trekwoman from -- Somewhere in the state --, California USA on Wednesday, March 04, 2009
I absolutely adore this novel. Margaret Atwood has a talent for slowly wrapping the events in a story around the reader and making one feel as if they are already there in the time and place, simply observing everything.

When I began reading, the story seemed familiar. I went and checked my lists of books read, and it became apparent that I have read this before. However, worth a second and third read! Very good, draws you right in.

Released 10 yrs ago (3/5/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

[R: Sweet-Pickle's First Bookiversary box]

Journal Entry 6 by whiskeyjane from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Thursday, March 12, 2009
Rec'd this book today in Sweet-Pickle's 1st Bookiversary box. The box is jam-packed full of all sorts of terrific books! Thanks Sweet-Pickle!

Journal Entry 7 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Thursday, February 23, 2012
WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING Congratulations! You found a traveling book! This book has been set free. It is yours to keep or share. Please take a moment to make a journal entry to let me know the book has found a new home

Journal Entry 8 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Friday, April 21, 2017
BOX - CLOSET 06/09/2017

Journal Entry 9 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Monday, January 28, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (1/31/2019 UTC) at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

I got this book out of a box to read and realized the print is smaller than I want to deal with. So I am mailing this book to a friend for a LFL

Journal Entry 10 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, February 09, 2019
The book arrived safely today, along with several handsome New Mexico postcards (the "Western Saturday Night" cartoon one is hilarious!) and a Bugs Bunny sticker - many thanks! (The book inspired a 2017 mini series; I haven't seen it, but if I enjoy the book I may hunt it up. There's a TV Tropes page on the mini-series with comments on the novel as well.]

Later: Sometimes quite grim, with intriguing characterizations - and very effective glimpses of historical details. In general I find that I prefer Atwood's short fiction and essays to her novels, but this one was certainly worth reading.

Journal Entry 11 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Lincoln Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (2/13/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Lincoln Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***