Making Money (Discworld)

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by vuurhoutjie of Grahamstown, Eastern Cape South Africa on 8/18/2008
Journal Entry 1 by vuurhoutjie from Grahamstown, Eastern Cape South Africa on Monday, August 18, 2008
Making money by Terry Pratchett

The Discworld is discovering the wonders of money in the form of notes (lighter to carry and it can be slipped into various pieces of clothing in return for dancing favours...). Moist Von Lipwig is attempting his best to be an Upstanding Citizen and Postmaster of Ankh Morpokh. But he find himself climbing walls, breaking into locks for no reason carrying implements in his pockets - craving excitement. Lord Vetenari tempts him into reforming the banking system. To the horror of the old-moneyed descended from pirates and slave-trader banker families.

Also featuring a Chief Cashier with a funny walk and no sense of humour, a necromanced professor with a wandering eye, marching golems and a sample of Vetinari impersonators (of some sort).

My book has a sticker on it to say this is 25 years of Discworld! Wow! I'm passing this book on to fellow Book-crosser Moonblue who is also a Pratchett fan.

Journal Entry 2 by moonblue from Grahamstown, Eastern Cape South Africa on Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Thanks vuurhoutjie - always nice to read a new Terry Pratchett. I really enjoyed this one. Adora Belle Dearheart and Moist Von Lipwig are a wonderful couple, and it is always entertaining having Vetinari around, manipulating everything behind the scenes.

I will pass this on to DavidSeven when I am in PE next week.

Journal Entry 3 by davidseven from Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape South Africa on Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I enjoyed this one, as always.

I haven't decided on any release plans yet, but this one is too good to just leave around. (Gold sticker and all)

Released 11 yrs ago (5/10/2009 UTC) at Port Elizabeth, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- South Africa

Gave it to a fellow Pratchett fan. I hope he journals it, and releases it or passes it on.

D7