A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian

by Marina Lewycka, | Humor |
ISBN: 9780141020525 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JPix of Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on 8/13/2008
Journal Entry 1 by JPix from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Synopsis
'Two years after my mother died, my father fell in love with a glamourous blonde Ukrainian divorcee. He was eighty-four and she was thirty-six. She exploded into our lives like a fluffy pink grenade, churning up the murky water, bringing to the surface a sludge of sloughed-off memories, giving the family ghosts a kick up the backside.' Sisters Vera and Nadezhda must put aside a lifetime of feuding to save their emigre engineer father from voluptuous gold-digger Valentina. With her proclivity for green satin underwear and boil-in-the-bag cuisine, she will stop at nothing in her pursuit of Western wealth. But the sisters' campaign to oust Valentina unearths family secrets, uncovers fifty years of Europe's darkest history and sends them back to roots they'd much rather forget...

Journal Entry 2 by JPix at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Saturday, September 20, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (9/21/2008 UTC) at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria

Sent as a RABCK to Releanna in Austria as part of my challenge to send a book to every country in the world and the Around The World Challenge 2008. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Releanna from Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Tuesday, October 07, 2008
thank you, JPix, for the book, it is very generous of you
we got in contact through the Christmas-wishlist
so I guess this is a present to both of us :)

Journal Entry 4 by Releanna from Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Monday, November 10, 2008
I really liked this book - a really strange family-story. The persons acting are sometimes very annoying in their actions, but in other times very touching.
It was fun to read!

Journal Entry 5 by Releanna at via mail, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 25, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/26/2009 UTC) at via mail, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

RABCK to LadyTrinity, who had this book on her wishlist

enjoy reading :)

Journal Entry 6 by LadyTrinity from Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I recieved it in the mail a couple of days ago and I'll read it as soon as I've got time.

Journal Entry 7 by GronnLivsstil at Bryne, Rogaland fylke Norway on Monday, June 20, 2011
Recieved from LadyTrinity. Okay book.

Released 7 yrs ago (6/20/2011 UTC) at 1001-library book, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Donated to the 1001 library.

Journal Entry 9 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thanks so much for your donation GronnLivsstil!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 10 by GronnLivsstil at Bryne, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, July 08, 2011
Reserved for a 1001-library member.

Released 7 yrs ago (7/13/2011 UTC) at 1001-library Member, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sent to a 1001-library member.

Journal Entry 12 by VictoriaWagtail at Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Thank you so much GronnLivsstil, so generous of you to send me this book! It looks interesting and lie a book I'd like so I'm looking forward to read it :)