Touched by Moonlight

by Carole Howey | Romance |
ISBN: 0945582048 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingpenelopewanderswing of Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on 8/13/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Picked up in second hand book shop, this author is one I've never read... but it looks like a fun read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Not sure if this is a pseudo or if this author really hasn't written much, but when I tried to find the book on Goodreads, it seems I'm the only one with this on my shelf. Quite the honor.
The book was not the fall over backwards best book of its type I've read, but it was an interesting read nonetheless.
Set on an island off the Jersey shore at the turn of the (last) century. Prim and proper Phillippa Braedon has a secret life writing very racy romance novels under the name of Emma Hawks... and the dashing entrepreneur who comes to the quaint island to buy up the promenade and modernize with secret plans to create gaming arcades and a casino, is actually obsessed by this author and has spent four years trying to find the author. Fairly tongue in cheek, lots of twists to the plot, bad guys who are in fact bad guys, good guys who are also bad guys, and bad guys who are good guys of course... etc. Philly has "an understanding" with a young man who is destined for the church, so that plays what to me was an overly heavy role in the book, although I suppose at the time it's normal that the church was very important to a community like this one. Available for trade, currently reserved for VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, March 11, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (3/11/2010 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

Into the box: Of Duchesses, Princesses & Other Ladies of Quality: HISTORICAL ROMANCE BOOKBOX now headed to the UK.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Received this book in the Romance Bookbox. Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Wednesday, June 09, 2010
woops, forgot to log in. anonymous finder is kalise

Journal Entry 6 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Thursday, June 10, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (6/10/2010 UTC) at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria

Interesting premise but ... unfortunately it failed to sustain my interest so am passing it on...going to maccanena in London

Journal Entry 7 by maccanena at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Got in a romance box from friend.

Journal Entry 8 by maccanena at British Heart Foundation Charity Shop in Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (2/29/2012 UTC) at British Heart Foundation Charity Shop in Woking, Surrey United Kingdom

Dropped along some other romance novels.