How to be Lost: A Novel

by Amanda Eyre Ward | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 8/10/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 10, 2008
not sure where I got this book. Found when putting away books in the apt.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, November 18, 2010
back to TBR

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, October 29, 2012
tagged for glade1 in the wishlist tag game, after reading.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, November 04, 2012
Five year old Ellie disappears, and the family falters. Sister Madeline stays in New York, but Caroline can't banish the demons and moves to New Orleans. Mom Isabelle never stops believing that Ellie is alive - and 15 years later finds a picture in People magazine of Ellie in a crowd of people. Caroline heads off to Montana after Mom's death to see what she can find. The story veers between Caroline and her search, and Agnes, who you KNOW is probably Ellie. But in the end, when Agnes/Ellie arrive at Isabelle old condo in a cab, that's the end of the story leaving the questions - What is a family? What's the difference between who is lost and who is missing? Great story that just pulls you through.

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (11/6/2012 UTC) at McLeansville, North Carolina USA

Tag book. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by glade1 at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Monday, November 12, 2012
Received in the mail on Saturday. Thanks for tagging me, NancyNova! Not sure when I'll get this read but it's safe on Mt. TBR until then :)

ETA 1-23-18: Promised to mcsar in the Wish List Tag game.

Journal Entry 7 by glade1 at Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Thursday, February 01, 2018
Fast, enjoyable read. It left a lot of questions unanswered, but I liked the hopeful note at the end. This will go to mcsar on Friday.

Journal Entry 8 by glade1 at Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Monday, February 05, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/2/2018 UTC) at Greensboro, North Carolina USA

Sent to mcsar on Friday. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Thank you for sending this one. Hope to get to it soon.

----------------------------
Updated July 27, 2018

I enjoy the book and I particularly like the narration, but some parts in Caroline's story drag on for me.

Reserved as a tag forward to Rodespringbal for Florence71.

Journal Entry 10 by wingmcsarwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 10, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (8/10/2018 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

A wishlist tag. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Wednesday, September 12, 2018