Olivia's Luck

by Catherine Alliott | Women's Fiction |
Registered by joto-uk of Maldon, Essex United Kingdom on 4/19/2010
Journal Entry 1 by joto-uk from Maldon, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, April 19, 2010
This has a different cover from that shown.

Good fun as usual.

Released 11 yrs ago (5/17/2010 UTC) at The Purple Dog, Eld Lane OBCZ in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

Left in the Purple Dog on the bookcrossing shelf this morning (Monday 17th May 2010).

Journal Entry 3 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I have been sorting through my box of books that I have already read, looking for books with green covers to be released on St. Patrick's Day,(tomorrow), 17th March. This one has a green cover! When I checked on BookCrossing I saw that this is yet another book that I picked up in England, whilst there on holiday, from which BookCrossing, (after their site change-over), lost my catch notes. There have been quite a few lost notes that I am gradually discovering as time goes on. I also released a real lot of books in England and I made release notes for every single one of them, but the new BookCrossing site lost quite a few of those too!

Anyway, I picked up this book from The Purple Dog OBCZ in Colchester, and I read it whilst on holiday there, as we did a lot of travelling and I often read whilst my husband is driving. It's been a while since I read it, but I seem to remember that Olivia, (known as Livvy), recounts the breakdown of her ten year marriage and the ups and downs that follow the breakup. I thought that Livvy seemed to know some really strange people in her day to day life, but never mind. It's an entertaining read, even if it is a bit unrealistic!

Review from Amazon.co.uk
When Olivia’s husband Johnny announces, ‘I don’t care what colour you paint the hall, I’m leaving,’ Olivia is understandably devastated. Left with an eccentric troop of builders camping in her back garden, a ten-year-old daughter with ‘attitude’ and a neurotic neighbour intent on foisting cast-off men in her direction, Olivia’s dream home is suddenly less than dreamy.
Will Johnny ever come back, and if he doesn’t, will her luck ever change?

Released 10 yrs ago (3/17/2011 UTC) at Roessingh Revalidatie Techniek b.v. in Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands

Thursday 17th March 2011. Cold, crisp day, and the sun isn't even out yet. I have to go to the local foot care clinic, and so I decided to release a book there. I chose this book because it has a green cover, and today is St. Patrick's Day in Ireland, and we associate anything green with Ireland! So this is a good day to release it.
I will leave it on the reading-tea-coffee table, in the waiting area. It will have a yellow post-it note on the front cover saying 'Free Book'in both Dutch and English.
So, if you you want to have a break from real life for a while, then this book is for you. Nice to read it whilst eating a box of chocolates! Enjoy!
I would love it if you could leave a message here to say if you found the book in the same place where I left it. Thank you.

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.
Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me,
chamonix44. (or any journaller before me), as your referring member.

Release Challenges:
This book was released as part of the following challenges in the Bookcrossing 'Release Challenges' forum:
1)Celebrate the Irish
2)Themes Releases 2011! Yay we love this!
3)Keep Them Moving 2011 Release Challenge January - April
4)Themareleases maart (in the Dutch forum)