A Thousand Splendid Suns

by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by pyrospiglet of North Little Rock, Arkansas USA on 8/6/2008
Journal Entry 1 by pyrospiglet from North Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Picked this up from a shelf of books dedicated to Soldiers.

Journal Entry 2 by pyrospiglet at on Monday, September 08, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (9/10/2008 UTC) at

Sending a bunch of books to supertalya for her to distribute to Soldiers stationed in the area. Hope these bring some enjoyment to some troops far from home.

These are coming from Iraq, an area that will soon be given back to the Iraqi people. The MWR room had hundreds of books, with really no place to go... I'm glad they can go to more Soldiers.

Journal Entry 3 by Supertalya on Friday, September 19, 2008
I am going to read this one before I drop it off on the post book exchange bin.

This was in the exchange bin for a couple of days and I couldn't stand it because it was such a good book

I am going to put this up on a bookobsessed relay to see if any other bookcrossers want it.

Journal Entry 4 by Supertalya at BookObsessed Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, December 14, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/14/2008 UTC) at BookObsessed Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Going to Massachusetts...

Journal Entry 5 by ekgv414 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Received today (though I've been out of town for a week, so it may have been sitting in the mailbox for a while!).

Thanks so much, supertalya. I loved The Kite Runner, so I'm excited to read this one. I have two books ahead of it that I need to get out to other Bookcrossers, but as soon as I finish those, I'll read this and get it back out in a trade or relay.

Journal Entry 6 by ekgv414 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 20, 2009
Finally read this one, and I enjoyed it just as much as the Kite Runner. I think Mariam and Laila will stay in my thoughts for a while even after I've sent this book along to someone else.

It was especially interesting to read about Afghanistan post-9/11. For all the coverage we've received, it's surprising how little of it has been from this perspective.

Now I'm off to see if I can find someone else who's looking for this book via wishlists or a relay!

Journal Entry 7 by ekgv414 at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Well, it took a while, but I'm finally sending this book back out on its way. Going to judgeann in Washington. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by judgeann at Blaine, Washington USA on Thursday, December 23, 2010
A fascinating book! Thanks for sending it on ekgv414!

Journal Entry 9 by judgeann at Mt. Baker Imaging - Squalicum Pkwy in Bellingham, Washington USA on Sunday, December 26, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (12/23/2010 UTC) at Mt. Baker Imaging - Squalicum Pkwy in Bellingham, Washington USA

Left in the Waiting Room.