Convent Girls

by Jane Tolerton | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by discoverylover of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on 8/3/2008
Journal Entry 1 by discoverylover from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm pretty sure this was my mums! I'm planning on reading and then releasing at the World Convention next year.

Here's the blurb:

"School days with 'the nuns' are recalled in a variety of shades and tones by prominent New Zealand women in this frank oral history. For some, the smell of candlewax and the rustling of rosary beads are remembered with nostalgia and affection; others are still resentful decades later. What is it about their education that makes 'convent girls' stand out in a crowd?

Pam Corkery, Maggie Barry, Stephanie Dowrick, Paula Ryan, Catherine Saunders, Ngahuia Te Awekotuku, and others, talk to award-winning author Jane Tolerton about the ritual and drama of their school days and beyond."

Currently reading :-)

Journal Entry 2 by discoverylover from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, September 1, 2008
A fairly interesting book although I thought the stories were quite similar, or had similar themes. Good mix of women though, and was written well. Took me a while to read, but I suspect that is just because I sometimes felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again, but with interesting enough details to keep me reading!

Dear Reader. Thank you for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry here to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Discoverylover. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

This book is being released for the World Convention being held in Christchurch New Zealand, April 17-19.

Released 15 yrs ago (4/16/2009 UTC) at Cathedral Grammar School in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

On the NZ table of temptation at the convention.

Journal Entry 5 by wingGhaneschawing from Gmunden, Oberösterreich Austria on Friday, April 17, 2009
for my NZ Box

into the

New Zealand and Australia Bookbox

Hello! Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Kindly make a journal entry to let us know it's found a new reader.

Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend, leave it back on the shelf or somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!

Liebe Finderin, lieber Finder,
Gratulation, dass Du dieses Buch gefunden hast! Ich hoffe, es gefällt Dir. Du hast nicht nur ein Buch, sondern eine ganze Gemeinschaft von Leserinnen und Lesern gefunden, die Bücher lieben. Schau Dir die Seite mal an! Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Journal-Eintrag zu machen und mich so wissen zu lassen, wo das Buch gerade ist und was Du damit vor hast. Vielleicht willst Du Bookcrossing ja beitreten? Das ist anonym, kostenlos und macht Spaß!

Journal Entry 8 by OBCZ-schanett at Hohenems, Vorarlberg Austria on Saturday, November 6, 2010
Vielen Dank für das neue Lesefutter für unsere OBCZ-schanett!

Released 13 yrs ago (11/6/2010 UTC) at Literaturhaus Schanett (geschlossen, ehem. OBCZ) in Hohenems, Vorarlberg Austria

Das Buch wandert in das Regal der OBCZ-schanett und freut sich schon auf die nächsten Leser!