High King, The

by Lloyd Alexander | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 7/31/2008
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, July 31, 2008
1969 Newbery Medal winner

I really need to re-read the whole series, but in the meantime I picked up this copy secondhand so I could add it to my bookshelf. I remember Taran, Eilonwy, Fflewddur Fflam, Hen Wen and Gurgi fondly...even if I'm pretty sure my Welsh pronunciation would give Bran Davies fits (I *was* able to spell all the names correctly except for the end of "Fflewddur"). The set of 5 books is still on a high shelf waiting for me to take it down again one of these days.

Oh yes, and from what I remember, Croyd's pet peeve about the animated movie of the Black Cauldron was that they made Gurgi blue. :(

Here's another copy on my shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Ward Centre (details in notes) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (8/4/2008 UTC) at Ward Centre (details in notes) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

In front of the fountain below the theaters.

I'm so glad you've found this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)