Plotting for Beginners: A novel for new beginnings

by Sue Hepworth, Jane Linfoot | Women's Fiction |
ISBN: 9781905005123 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Kayellbee of Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on 7/30/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Kayellbee from Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 30, 2008
A diary of a fifty-something woman dabbling with a new life, a new career, and a new love.

Loved it! Entertaining and humourous. Love the 'Glossary for American Readers!'

Journal Entry 2 by Kayellbee from Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 02, 2008
Sending out as a bookray soon: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/5578589

Icila France
Oi-reader USA
PaulsBooks USA
Darkpunkangel Canada

Please journal when you receive the book, when you've read it, and again when you send it on.
PM the next person on the list for their address when you're ready to send it on.
Please try to keep it for a short time, 2-4weeks, and journal if there is a delay.

Thanks.

Journal Entry 3 by Kayellbee at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 07, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (8/8/2008 UTC) at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Off in the post to Little Moo.

Last minute escape to the Lake District last week so not posted, but off today (Fri 15th Aug) for sure!!!

Journal Entry 4 by LittleMoo from Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Sorry for not journalling this earlier, completely slipped my mind. I'm nearly finished now so will journal again when i'm ready to release it to the next member.

Journal Entry 5 by LittleMoo from Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, September 19, 2008
Huge thanks to kayellbee for inviting me to participate in this ray!

Thoroughly enjoyed the book, very easy to dip in and out of. Especially liked the character of Wendy with her ever changing 'fashions'.

Will PM MadMadge now and post on when I get her address.

Journal Entry 6 by madmadge from Alderholt, Dorset United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Waiting for me when I arrived home from holiday today. Will read and pass it on ASAP. Thank you Kayelibee for including me and LittleMoo for sending it to me. The bookmark with all the ring participants is a good idea!

Journal Entry 7 by madmadge from Alderholt, Dorset United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 14, 2008
This was such an enjoyable book - totally silly but just what I needed after reading a few rather serious books recently! Thank you so much Kayelbee. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I loved all the characters except that I found Pippa a little annoying.

Will PM LindyLouMac for her address and get it on its way ASAP.

Journal Entry 8 by madmadge from Alderholt, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, October 20, 2008
UPDATE

I PMed LindyLouMac just before I got the dreaded virus and again today. I note from her bookshelf that she has problems with PMs and she suggests posting on the Forum. I've done that too so hopefully she'll be in touch soon.

Address received and now posted.

Journal Entry 9 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Arrived safely, thanks Madmadge and for the card you enclosed. Thanks also Kayellbee for including me on the list for this bookray.

Reading the blurb and previous journal entries I am hoping it will be an amusing read.

Journal Entry 10 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 04, 2008
An undemanding read and apart from being very funny in places did not have much of a story.
It was more along the lines of Bridget Jones Diary, although nothing like as good in my opinion. It is the diary, plus a few emails of Sally Howe, fifty plus, menopausal and an aspiring writer. Her husband has taken a one year sabbatical from their thirty plus year marriage and gone to live in the wilderness.
Her plans for the year were to make a success of her writing by getting her work published. She does succeed in her aim, well sort of but not without some amusing distractions. She does not have the chance to be lonely, or even enjoy the peace and quiet. With her brother turning up to stay and a cast of others vying for her attentions, she has plenty of material to use for her writing.
Some of whom are very amusing characters; whose portrayals by Sally in her diary were the reason I kept reading. Worth reading if you do not expect more than a good laugh.

I have already sent a pm to Dare2believe for her address. This bookcrosser has asked to be skipped, so off to Icila instead.

Journal Entry 11 by LindyLouMac at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 07, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (11/10/2008 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

This will be in the post on Monday. En route to Icila in France

Happy reading

LindyLouMac

Journal Entry 12 by wingIcilawing from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, November 18, 2008
The postwoman delivered it to me this morning. Thanks LindyLouMac I look forward to read it. ;)

Journal Entry 13 by wingIcilawing from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, December 05, 2008
I w'll have to think twice.
Having a new retired husband at home is very difficult. ;)
I particulary appreciated the passage where Wendy is unable to concentrate when Gus is always demanding. My story.
But...after one year of hubby abroad she misses him and his failings.

Thanks for sharing.

Next PMed.

Journal Entry 14 by wingIcilawing from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, December 12, 2008
On its way to Oi-reader .

Journal Entry 15 by oi-reader from Toledo, Ohio USA on Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Arrived safely today, have a more serious ring I'm reading now but will get to this next. Thanks for sharing :)

Journal Entry 16 by oi-reader from Toledo, Ohio USA on Saturday, January 31, 2009
Thank you for allowing me to participate! I found this to be a lighthearted read, kind of a chick lit for middle aged women. Many things Sally goes through I can really relate to (fortunately or unfortunately). have pm'd PaulsBooks for an address and will send this week.

Journal Entry 17 by oi-reader from Toledo, Ohio USA on Saturday, February 07, 2009
On it's way to Paulsbooks!

Journal Entry 18 by oi-reader at -- Somewhere, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, February 07, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (2/7/2009 UTC) at -- Somewhere, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Journal Entry 19 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, February 18, 2009
(aka PaulsBooks) Thanks! I received the book and will be reading it soon! Thanks for including me in this bookring!

Journal Entry 20 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I initially struggled through the beginning of the book and then I chuckled a few times. I appreciate the ending...the bit on the cover is true..."dangerously addictive..."
I enjoyed the story and will be sending it on!
Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 21 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 16, 2009
This arrived safely, thanks to tostle and to Kayellbee for starting this bookray. I already started reading this and enjoying it so far.

Journal Entry 22 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 12, 2009
I really enjoyed reading this book, I found it hilarious, lol. I just don't want my menopausal days coming too soon.

RES for the August YBS Swap and won by Therubycanary

Journal Entry 23 by darkpunkangel at Swap!, A swap -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 25, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2010 UTC) at Swap!, A swap -- Controlled Releases

Sent today, hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 24 by therubycanary from Sebago, Maine USA on Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Thanks so much for both of the books. I'm really excited about both of them, and I've been in need of some shorter reading lately. My attention span is shot!

So many journal entries, I'm going to go look through them now....

Journal Entry 25 by therubycanary from Sebago, Maine USA on Thursday, February 04, 2010
I received this book at work yesterday, and since all I had to do was proctor an exam, and then take a two hour subway ride to see my beau, I ended up reading the whole book.

I thought it was a delightful, humorous, and light read about a fifty year old, aspiring writer whose husband decides to take a year to try out his Walden fantasy. He leaves their home in England to go to Colorado, and Sally hopes to have a nice quiet year to write and get published.

But house guests abound, and everyone wants something.

I'm glad I had time to read this all at once, because I'm not sure it would have held my attention otherwise, but as subway entertainment, I laughed out loud more than once.