Guernica

by Dave Boling | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by maria-gr of Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on 7/28/2008
Journal Entry 1 by maria-gr from Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 15, 2013
"An extraordinary epic of love, family, and war set in the Basque town of Guernica before, during, and after its destruction by the German Luftwaffe during the Spanish Civil War.

In 1935, Miguel Navarro finds himself in conflict with the Spanish Civil Guard and flees the Basque fishing village of Lekeitio to make a new start in Guernica, the centre of Basque culture and tradition. Once there, he finds more than just a new life -- he finds someone to live for. Miren Ansotegui is the charismatic and graceful dancer he meets and the two discover a love they believe nothing can destroy.

History and fiction merge seamlessly in this beautiful novel about the resilience of family, love, and tradition in the face of hardship. The bombing of Guernica was a devastating experiment in total warfare by the German Luftwaffe in the run-up to the Second World War. For the Basques, it was an attack on the soul of their nation; for the world, it was an unprecedented crime against humanity. Dave boling reintroduces the event and paints his own picture of a people so strong, vibrant, and proud that they are willing to do whatever it takes to protect their values, their country, and their loved ones."

Released 6 yrs ago (6/15/2013 UTC) at Λεωφ. Κεφαλογιάννη (Kefalogianni ave) in Rethymno, Rethymno Greece

I left the book at the "Globe" sculpture (see photo).

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Rethymno, Rethymno Greece on Friday, March 06, 2015
First of all, I am truly sorry for keeping it to myself for such a long lime!! I found it at Rethymno, just next to that statue, with a couple of friends on our way to Preveli. It was such a meaningfull amazing time for me, I met a lot of people for many countries, who became really important to me, and so this book became a part of our lives there. As i still keep the memoryes I decided I can not keep this book any longer, so I let it go... little warnings.. this amazing book brings luck to your life.. anybody who finds it, be aware and live the opportunity!! After I traveled also to the place of the set of this book.. :) So I will leave it in Budapest, at the fishermans bastion! Again I am sorry, and I wish the best for the book and for the people who find it, and also to Maria, who left it in Rethymno. Greetings!