Life Expectancy

by Dean Koontz | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingkeenredawing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 7/18/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeenredawing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, July 18, 2008
Too many books to read. Am releasing, unread, into the wild.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeenredawing at Latimer Square in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, July 18, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (7/18/2008 UTC) at Latimer Square in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Releasing at bookcrossing stall, Really Free Market, Latimer Square, Christchurch, New Zealand
19/07/08

Journal Entry 3 by rarsberry from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, July 20, 2008
I spied this book on the table at the Really Free Market and picked it up.
I have rad a few by Dean Koontz and there are a few on Mt. TBR, so I will add this to the pile to see what its like.
I will change the incorrect digit of the BCID so its correct for the next person that gets the book. :o)

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Picked up at today's meetup. Nice to do something normal like going to a meetup again!

v

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, June 07, 2011
I think I'm starting to like Dean Koontz - he has a unique way of mixing humour and horror :-)

The pacing in this book was a bit odd, though. He lingers over Jimmy's early years and the first two terrible days, then it's like he suddenly realised he had three more terrible days to get through and he was already up to page 352, so rushed the rest.

And he never really explained why [spoiler follows, highlight to read] the prediction for the second terrible day was a week out. When the twin thing was revealed, I thought for a moment that the predictions actually were meant for Punchinello rather than Jimmy, but that doesn't really work either.

Still, a fun book.

v

Journal Entry 6 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (6/29/2011 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Sent to the Gap Filler Project. I'm not sure this book made me think differently, but it did provide a fun escape from reality at a time I really needed it. Hopefully it can do the same for someone else.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.

Journal Entry 7 by gapfiller at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, July 17, 2011
This book is part of a Gap Filler project. Books that have made people THINK DIFFERENTLY about an aspect of their lives have been donated to our book exchange that has been set up in a fridge on an empty site created by the Christchurch earthquake.

Deposit a book, share a book, take a book away!

Read more about Gap Filler http://www.gapfiller.org.nz