Crumpy's Campfire Companion - The Third Of A Trilogy

by Barry Crump | Humor |
Registered by wingkeenredawing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 7/18/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeenredawing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, July 18, 2008
A great bunch of yarns from a seasoned story-teller. A good book for a chuckle during a wet afternoon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeenredawing at Latimer Square in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, July 18, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (7/18/2008 UTC) at Latimer Square in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Will be releasing at Bookcrossing staff at Really Free Market, tomorrow. If raining market will be in Otautahi Social Centre, 206 Barbadoes St, Christchurch.

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 19, 2008
Caught at the Free Market, and added to the box of NZ books we're collecting for the 2009 Convention (though I might have to read it before then - it's a while since I read a Barry Crump book).

v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 26, 2008
My father owns a shooting/fishing/camping type shop, so I grew up surrounded by many examples of the "good keen men" Crump writes about. Which means I have a mixed reaction to his stories - for some the familiarity of the situation adds to the humour, others lose their impact because what he is describing seems perfectly ordinary to me.

I do wish I'd paid more attention to the stories told by the men who came into the shop, though - all those half-remembered tales would add up to a great book in the Crumpy tradition (like the guy who was doing deer recovery by helicopter, landed on a ridge in the back of beyond to pick up the deer he'd just netted, and forgot to switch something crucial on or off (like I said, no memory for details!) before getting out, with the end result that the helicopter lifted off without him and proceeded to tumble down the steep mountainside and crash at the bottom, leaving him stranded in the middle of nowhere, staring at the ruins of a million dollars worth of machinery).

v

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 26, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (10/26/2008 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in Christchurch, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.

Did you know that in April 2009, the World Bookcrossing Convention will be held in Christchurch? Check out the convention website for more details.

Journal Entry 6 by Chch2009-Con from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 26, 2008
Reserved for the 2009 Bookcrossing Convention.

Journal Entry 7 by Aon on Friday, April 17, 2009
Caught at the Convention. Not sure if I've read this one yet or not, but it's not on my bookshelf on this side of the hills.

Thanks for that!