The Brandenburg Graduates

by Owen Sela | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by jennysbkpgs of Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on 4/8/2003
Journal Entry 1 by jennysbkpgs from Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, April 08, 2003
Plot summary:
Why is a highly respected American Bank acting in a way that could make it bankrupt within months?
Why do the KGB suddenly turn agains one of their most trusted terrorist cells?
What is the link with assassination attempt which failed in 1937?

KGB Political Officer Yuri Orlov and US Treasury Agent Allison Maynard each hold some of the answers. But even their incomplete information can be deadly. Just to stay alive they must work together. But to have any chance of stopping the conspiracy which threatens not only the safety of the Western Alliance but also that of the Soviet Union, they must learn to trust each other...

Journal Entry 2 by jennysbkpgs from Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Saturday, August 02, 2003
What is a bookray and how does it work?

A bookray means that a book passes from person to person based on the list of members involved. Preferably a bookray book is never released into the wild.

To join this bookray please private message me. I'd be happy to add you to the list!

When you receive the book from the person before you on the list please make a journal entry stating that you've received it. Then read it as soon as you can (no absolute hurry, but be reasonable please!), and journal again with your thoughts. You'll then need to private message the person on the list after you for their address. Mail the book, and if you want, make release notes on the book. Then you can just sit back and watch how the book continues on its journey!

* = Can ship Internationally

6. Sudizoso (Germany) * -- No reply. Skipped
7. zazou (Switzerland)
8. nikel27 (Germany)
And then release!

Journal Entry 3 by jennysbkpgs from Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, December 10, 2003
This bookray has now started on its journey and is on its way to bilbi in France.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Tuesday, December 16, 2003
I've received the book today. I'll try and read as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 5 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Friday, December 26, 2003
I really enjoyed this story. I've thought i wouldn't like the Cold War background but it was so thrilling a book.
Especially I like the way the story is told to the reader : two investigators, an American and a Russian that don't know each other but that will eventually become partners to dig out that unbelievable plot.
Thank you for organizing this bookray.
GREETINGS FROM FRANCE

Journal Entry 6 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, January 05, 2004
Hooray, hoorah - exciting new book to read!
Will post review as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 7 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, January 16, 2004
Oh dear. What a disapointment. I normally LOVE this kind of book, being an avid Robert Ludlum fan, but this book left me in the cold. I read it over the course of a few days absolutely WILLING myself to enjoy this book more, but it was only with a certain steely grim determination that I finished this book.

I'm not certain what elements put me off, perhaps its utter predictability, and slightly odd dialogue in parts.

Nevertheless, thank you jennysbkpqs for including me in your bookring. I'm sorry that I cannot write a more positive report; I'm sure it is just me being picky!

Journal Entry 8 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Saturday, February 07, 2004
Just received in the mail. Will be reading shortly.

Journal Entry 9 by WarEagle78 from Hoover, Alabama USA on Saturday, July 10, 2004
Arrived in Alabama, USA today! Will journal again when read. Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by WarEagle78 from Hoover, Alabama USA on Wednesday, July 21, 2004
An interesting premise, but the pace was surprisingly sluggish in spots. Relationships were poorly handled, I never felt they were natural or believable. I've read worse, but I've certainly read better.

Oh well, thanks for sharing jennysbkpgs! This will be off to vicki9170 on my next mail day.

Journal Entry 11 by WarEagle78 from Hoover, Alabama USA on Thursday, August 05, 2004
In mail today to vicki9170. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by vicki9170 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Friday, September 24, 2004
received :)

Journal Entry 13 by vicki9170 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Thursday, July 21, 2005
Starting this today, PM'd Sudizoso last week but never got a reply, so PM'ing Zazou

Journal Entry 14 by vicki9170 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Friday, July 29, 2005
Mailing to Zazou

Journal Entry 15 by zazou from Saint-Prex, Vaud Switzerland on Monday, November 28, 2005
Arrived safely thanks to vicki9170

Journal Entry 16 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Thursday, March 23, 2006
arrived safe at my house.

update:
Great Mystery about the Cold War, thanks for sharing with me.

As I am the Last in this BookRay I will sent this book out as a RABCK to someonelse.

Hope she will enjoy the book!!!

Released 13 yrs ago (4/18/2006 UTC) at Lifetime Release Challenge in worldwide, Lifetime Release Challenge -- Controlled Releases

Goes out in my Lifetime Release Challange to Sweden !!!!

Journal Entry 18 by stormon from Storfors, Värmland Sweden on Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Got this in the mail today - such a lovely surprise!
Thanks a lot nikel27!!!
I will be back with a journal as soon as I´ve read it.