No One to Trust

by Iris Johansen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingdvgwing of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 7/23/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingdvgwing from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Book Description: The #1 New York Times bestselling author of Final Target, Iris Johansen raises the stakes and the heart rate with this relentless new thriller that follows the harrowing trail of a ruthless killer on the hunt—and the woman who is determined to hunt him down.

He is the most terrifying of killers: ruthless, cunning, charismatic. And he has the means to get whatever he wants. And what Rico Chavez wants most is Elena Kyler—and he wants her dead. Trained as an assassin, Elena didn’t need anyone to survive. But now she finds herself on the run from one dangerous man and turning for help to another.

Sean Galen was a man without illusions. He knew it was only desperation that caused Elena to accept his help—a mother’s desperation to save her young son from a psychopath father who would raise their son in his own chilling image. And yet he was determined to get this woman who had never been able to trust anyone or anything in her whole life to accept him as her ally. But both Galen and Elena know that Chavez’s power and wealth mean there is no place they can be safe and no one they can trust—not even each other. Already Chavez’s assassins and connections to those in the highest positions of power have turned this into a war with no rules.

With two shocking acts of brutal violence, Chavez shows he will stop at nothing and that nothing will stop him. Soon a trail of horrifying murders will follow Galen and Elena across country to a last stand and a shattering showdown. For Chavez is a master of control and he wants more than just to take Elena’s life. He wants her alive long enough to see him destroy every reason she has for living. He wants her to turn against everything and everyone she ever believed in. He wants her to commit the ultimate act of betrayal. And by the time he is through, he wants her to beg him to take the only thing she’ll have left to give: her life.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdvgwing at on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (9/3/2008 UTC) at

I read this a while back. What I do remember typing my journal entry now us a very strong, likeable female main character; an enjoyable fast-paced storyline.

Sending to lisabb2 as a RABCK. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Thursday, September 11, 2008
Cool a book from my wish list!!! Thanks for the RABCK!!!

Journal Entry 4 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Wednesday, October 15, 2008
This was a great fast read...another great story by Iris Johansen!!! I liked the characters of Elena and Galen and enjoyed them taking out the "bad" guys and saving Barry from a terrible life with Chavez, a powerful drug lord.

Journal Entry 5 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Saturday, November 1, 2008
Putting this in the Mystery VBB at BookObsessed.com.

Journal Entry 6 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Friday, February 6, 2009
Removed from Mystery VBB and placed in Everybook VBB at BookObsessed.com.

Journal Entry 7 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Friday, July 24, 2009
This was selected by elsi...will mail shortly!!!

Mailing today - 9/19/09.

Journal Entry 8 by elsi from Sanger, Texas USA on Tuesday, September 22, 2009
My daughter picked up my mail today and unwrapped all the books that had come in. Thanks for sending it; I'm looking forward to reading it soon.