Clara Callan

by Richard B. Wright | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0002005018 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Dunzy of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 7/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Dunzy from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, July 12, 2008
I'm a recruit to The Movement. Having seen glowsome reviews of this book, and in the glistening wake of its swift elevation to the Canadian Pantheon, I feel I should read it.

Journal Entry 2 by Dunzy at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, October 07, 2010
I'm slogging on for the moment, though I admit I'm wearying of novelistic adventures-on-the-edge-of-womanhood.

Counterweighing that is a good feeling about the period dialogue and the 1930s' settings.

Journal Entry 3 by Dunzy at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, October 16, 2010
I can't claim that the last 100 pages received all the attention they probably deserved. Still, I'm glad I did this.

(ETA: I'm also glad to learn that it can be congenially traded.)

Journal Entry 4 by Dunzy at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (10/19/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Mailed to the curator of all things (pretty well, eh?) Canadian.

Journal Entry 5 by Ibis3 at Newcastle, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 29, 2010
Picked up the mail and look what I found! Thanks, Dunzy my man. This is now officially on TBR. Who knows? It may be the 2011 Canada Reads winner. It's on the current Top 40 of the decade...