Too Good To Be True (Sweet Valley High #11)

by Francine Pascal | Teens |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 7/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, July 12, 2008

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Kissimmee, Florida USA on Thursday, August 07, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (8/7/2008 UTC) at Kissimmee, Florida USA

released to a fellow bookcrosser as a RABCK!

Journal Entry 3 by BlueEllipsis from Orlando, Florida USA on Friday, August 22, 2008
When I checked my mail last night, I discovered ANOTHER package of Sweet Valley High books from svoight in Tennessee! Thank you so very much for the RABCK!

Journal Entry 4 by BlueEllipsis from Orlando, Florida USA on Saturday, November 22, 2008
Read from November 17 to November 18, 2008. Rating: 7 stars.

This one was pretty hilarious. Suzanne Devlin is actually more evil than Jessica and Lila put together! She needs to spend more time in Sweet Valley for my own personal entertainment. For a while there, I was certain that Elizabeth was going to end up experimenting with some same-sex urges:

Abruptly Elizabeth drew in her breath. Walking toward them was the most beautiful girl she'd ever seen. Suzanne? No, she couldn't be! This girl had to be a professional model -- or an actress. She was tall and willowy, with black hair that tumbled in glossy waves past her shoulders. Her back was bare in a chic sun dress she'd obviously worn in anticipation of the good weather. Her features couldn't have been more perfect if they'd been sculpted by Michelangelo. Elizabeth was most struck by her enormous, dark-fringed, violet-blue eyes...

And:

Suzanne, despite her embarrassment over being so pale, looked absolutely stunning in her striped bikini. She was flawlessly proportioned, with legs that seemed to go on forever, and not an ounce of fat anywhere. Suddenly Elizabeth felt self-conscious about her own lovely size-six figure.

Seriously, Liz, just go make out with her already. And don't think that all of the Suzanne love distracted me from the fact that I was size-sixed once again!

I'm a little blown away by how Suzanne managed to convince everyone that Mr. Collins attacked her. Some strange girl points a finger at one of the best teachers around, and half the town takes her side? Residents of Sweet Valley, how fickle you are! But the New Yorkers might be worse. Suzanne's best friend Evelyn, another 16-year-old, is dating a guy who's 25. What kind of creepy 25-year-old perv dates high school girls?

Todd actually told a joke that made me laugh:

"Todd, you're such a nut!"

"Better watch out," he joked. "We nuts are sensitive to cracks."

I didn't say it was a GOOD joke, just that I laughed.