Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud

by Ben Sherwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingwildboarhunterwing of Rodgau, Hessen Germany on 7/11/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingwildboarhunterwing from Rodgau, Hessen Germany on Friday, July 11, 2008
"When he was a boy, Charlie St. Cloud almost perished in a car crash that killed his little brother, Sam. Years later, Charlie still is trying to atone for his loss. It is only, when he meets Tess Carroll, a captivating, adventurous yachtswoman, that he is faced with a choice- between death and life, the past and the present, holding on and letting go. The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud is a romantic, exhilarating novel about second chances and the liberating power of love." (Bookcover)

A wonderful book. It tells a story about moving on, important decisions in life and about love. I really enjoyed reading it, even if the story is quite imaginary.

I want this book to go on its journey as a Bookring. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

The readers so far:

1. Falmouth<--Hier war das Buch schon.
2. Tinkaday<--Hier war das Buch schon.
3. Kiki66<--Hier war das Buch schon.
4. Qantaga<--Hier war das Buch schon.
5. PeregrinTuk<--Hier war das Buch schon.
6. lola-negri<--Hier war das Buch schon.
7. Urfin
.haley79
...back to wildboarhunter or to somebody who's got the book on her/his wishlist! :-)

Journal Entry 2 by wingwildboarhunterwing from Rodgau, Hessen Germany on Saturday, July 26, 2008
Das Buch hat sich heute zu Falmouth auf den Weg gemacht und hofft nach wie vor noch immer auf ein paar mehr Mitleser.

Viel Spaß beim Lesen Falmouth! :-)

Journal Entry 3 by Falmouth from Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Das Buch kam schon am Montag bei mir an. Leider spinnt zur Zeit mein Internet-Anschluss, so dass ich nur sporadisch online sein kann und deshalb nicht früher hier eintragen konnte. Die Telecom war bislang nicht sehr hilfsbereit!
Vielen Dank fürs Zusenden. Ich werde sobald wie möglich mit Lesen anfangen!
Freu mich schon.

Journal Entry 4 by Falmouth from Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, August 01, 2008
What a lovely story! It's a lovely story, but then again it is much more than that. It's an easy and quick read, it's romantic, it's spiritual - it's difficult to put down. Thank you very much, wildboarhunter, for this wonderful ring-book.

As soon as I have Tinkaday's address it will move on.

Journal Entry 5 by Falmouth at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, August 03, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/4/2008 UTC) at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Geht nun weiter zum nächsten Leser. Viel Spaß.

Journal Entry 6 by Tinkaday from Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, August 10, 2008
Got it. Thank you.

I'm very much looking forward to reading it. I still have one in front of it, so I hope it's ok if it stays here a little longer.

Journal Entry 7 by Tinkaday from Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, January 28, 2009
great read... after *finally* actually reading it after having misplaced it in my bookshelf. I apologize for having had it soooo long. it's off as soon as i get the address.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkiki66wing from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Monday, February 23, 2009
Well, it is here now... :-)
thanks for sending it my way!
Looking forward to read this one - and then I discovered that qantaqa is right behind me which is perfect - we meet quite
often with our BC toddler group so I can give it to her personally...

Journal Entry 9 by wingkiki66wing from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Saturday, March 07, 2009
a great book!
I loved it and I loved the story...
as an organist I quite often play in churchyard chapels and I always love to take a stroll around the churchyard itself when I am there. I think it is one of the most peaceful places in the world... and to imagine that I am not alone there.. why not!!

Well, I couldn't put down the book until I was finished ..this might be actually one of the books I want to have of my own
Will give it to qantaqa when we meet again..

Journal Entry 10 by Qantaqa from Dachau, Bayern Germany on Monday, March 16, 2009
I'm quite looking forward to reading this book - thanks a lot for the personal deliverance to Kiki and for offering the book as a ring to wildboarhunter!

Journal Entry 11 by Qantaqa from Dachau, Bayern Germany on Monday, March 30, 2009
I'm afraid this book wasn't really my cup of tea - I found it quite fabricated and also a teeny bit tacky :). No offence, wildboarhunter!
Charlie is already on his way to PeregrinTuk.

Journal Entry 12 by PeregrinTuk from Detmold, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, April 27, 2009
I'm sorry, the book arrived ages ago safe in my hands... but I went on holidays and couldn't do a journal. I hope nobody had to worry :)

I liked the book a lot, it was a really cute & amazing story and made me smile. There lies deep truth in these few pages I think. I was done with reading in a few hours but had it on my mind for days. I think I will get my own copy of it.

edit 4.6. Will pass it on to lola-negri :)

Journal Entry 13 by lola-negri from Wandlitz, Brandenburg Germany on Wednesday, June 17, 2009
the book has just arrived here. i'm going to start reading soon, maybe in a few hours. ;)

Journal Entry 14 by lola-negri from Wandlitz, Brandenburg Germany on Friday, June 26, 2009
i didn't read the book line by line because of the writer's narrative style but enjoyed it nevertheless.
it's a lovely story full of wonderful characters and the story's message is really touching. some moments were foreseeable but i didn't mind.

Released 9 yrs ago (7/2/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Berlin Germany

das buch geht morgen per post an urfin, die ja nun an der reihe ist.
ich wünsche viel vergnügen. :)

Journal Entry 16 by wingUrfinwing from Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, July 08, 2009
The book arrived yesterday. Thanks.