Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, Book 5)

by Christine Feehan | Romance |
Registered by Flossie771 of Villa Rica, Georgia USA on 7/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Book 5 in the seven sisters series.

Book description:
One of the seven daughters in a line of extraordinary women, Hannah Drake has been the elusive object of affection for Jonas Harrington for as long as the rugged sheriff can remember. If only the stunning supermodel was driven by a passion other than her career. But Jonas isn't the only one with desires for Hannah.
From the shadows has emerged a vengeful figure who stalks the beauty with one terrifying purpose: to strip her of all she is and destroy her. Only one man was destined as her protector. Now, out of a storm of danger, Jonas must guide the woman he loves from a sinister darkness that threatens not only Hannah, but the entire Drake family.

Reserving this one for the seven sisters spiral.

Journal Entry 2 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Monday, July 14, 2008
This is an international spiral for The Seven Sisters series by Christine Feehan

Rules (borrowed from JennyC1230)
1. When you receive book, please make a journal entry.
2. PM the next person on the list for their address. (Always check to make sure the list hasn’t changed.) Make sure the person is able to take the book.
3. After you read the book, tell us what you thought of the book.
4. Send the person before you a PM and they will mail the next book to you.
5. When you mail the book, make another journal entry to let us know.
6. Try to keep the book for only a month. If you are having trouble please PM me or e-mail me at flossie771@aol.com
7. If you see anyone on this list who is a known staller of bookrings please let me know that too!
8. At the end the book will come back to me, so if you are the last on the list, let me know and you can send back to me.
9. Most importantly have fun and enjoy the book!! Thank you!
Mailing order:
Kalise (Austria)
Wandering-B (HongKong)BOOK IS HERE
Maurean (US FL)
back home to me flossie771

Journal Entry 3 by Flossie771 at Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/24/2009 UTC) at Villa Rica, Georgia USA

Sending this book to booksnbeer to continue the seven sisters spiral.

Journal Entry 4 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Thursday, March 26, 2009
Another Drake sister novel - These are light quick books, I look forward to continuing with this family.

Journal Entry 5 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, May 11, 2009
I finished this one and it is all packed up to hit the road this week. I believe I liked this one the best so far. I can really see Christine Feehan developing her seven sisters. I do wish the men won’t just leave the story as we move onto the next sister. I believe the men could add a new dimension – especially if they are also psychic. I do look forward to the book featuring Jolie, and I hope she does a lot with the Ellie character.

Journal Entry 6 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, May 16, 2009
Received this book in the mail yesterday. Will get to it soon!
Ruth

Journal Entry 7 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, June 02, 2009
I liked this one the best so far. I think it's bacause I knew who Jonas was already, lol. Is it the Russian for one and Jackson for the other? I'm looking forward to finding out....
Sending on to next reader!
Ruth

Journal Entry 8 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, June 15, 2009
This arrived safely here today. I'm slogging through another ring which is taking longer to read than I'd like, so I'll try to get to this one soon.
Thanks for sending and thanks for sharing these books!

Journal Entry 9 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, June 21, 2009
At first I felt like I'd had enough of the Drake sisters,and that things were getting just too repetitive. But gradually I was drawn into the tale of Hannah and Jonas. Interesting to have the heroine suffer from such low self esteem (and I'll avoid a spoiler here by not saying what happens)... I guess the next will be Joley. Very curious to see what the truth is behind Ilya.
Things EXTREMELY busy here with the last week of term, but I'll try to get this parcelled and sent soon. Thanks for making it available and sending!

Now on its way to Sweden, enjoy! Thanks so much for making this series available, and thanks for sending to Europe!

Journal Entry 11 by elis-fromSweden from Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Arrived in Sweden. We will travel fo two weeks now so it'll be some time before I get to the book. I'll read it fast when we get back.

Journal Entry 12 by elis-fromSweden from Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Kalise have asked me to wait and send it next week as she is travelling and won't be home.

Journal Entry 13 by elis-fromSweden from Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, September 18, 2009
I didn't write my opinions last time so I'll add them now before Kalise writes here.

I didn't particularly care for this book when it comes to the heroe. I found Jonas quite abusive and it didn't appeal to me. I do like the fact that we already knew the characters quite well this time. However, I feel it didn't really hold together, things Jonas said in previous books where compleatly tossed around in this one. Nevertheless it was an interesting read and I enjoyed finding reading Hanna's story. It was quite different from the other books.

Like previous readers I agree that I would like the men to stay in the stories, so we could follow them again and again.

Journal Entry 14 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, September 21, 2009
Received the book here well and sound! Looking forward to reading this. Thank you Eva-Lisa, for sending & the note! Never apologize for "life getting in the way" - it's entirely OK!!! ;-) Hugs!!

Journal Entry 15 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, October 19, 2009
A fun and light read, as usual! So Hannah and Jonas finally get their happy end. The psychology behind these characters is interesting, especially Hanna. Enjoyed reading about her job as a supermodel and getting a tiny look behind scenes. Though I do agree that Jonas loses a bit of his charm & humor in this book, precisely these characteristics which made him so endearing. But I guess with the kinds of problems that he has to deal with anyone would lose their sense of humor, lol.
The only thing I strongly object to is this obnoxious picture of Jonas at the beginning. Pu-hlease! This is not at ALL how he looks like in my mind, and what's it always with the half-naked men on those covers anyway? Very irritating ;-)

Ready to send this book on, but Wandering-B has asked me to wait a while until she returns. I would also like to wait until Turbulent Sea arrives, which should be on its way soon, so I can send her both together (is a bit easier on my wallet). I hope that's ok.

Journal Entry 16 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Friday, October 30, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (10/30/2009 UTC) at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria

Mailed this book to Wandering-B today, together with Turbulent Sea. Hope it arrives soon!

Journal Entry 17 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Received today - thanks to kalise for mailing it to me and to flossie771 for making it a ring. As usual, have a few in front of it, but should not be too long. Thanks all for sharing.

Journal Entry 18 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Monday, December 28, 2009
Enjoyed this one as well as the others. By now, though, it is more than obvious how everyone is pairing up but it is still a nice read. Posting off to Maurean tomorrow, 29 December. Thanks flossie771 for making this available to all of us!