Catch Me If You Can: The Amazing True Story of the Youngest and Most Daring Con Man in the History of Fun and Profit!

Registered by mellion108 of Waterford, Michigan USA on 7/6/2008
Journal Entry 1 by mellion108 from Waterford, Michigan USA on Sunday, July 6, 2008
Abridged, 5 CDs, approximately 6 hours, read by Michael Cerveris

Synopsis:
"I stole every nickel and blew it on fine threads, luxurious lodgings, fantastic foxes, and other sensual goodies. I partied in every capital in Europe and basked on all the world's most famous beaches."

Frank W. Abagnale, alias Frank Williams, Robert Conrad, Frank Adams, and Robert Monjo, was one of the most daring con men, forgers, imposters, and escape artists in history. In his brief but notorious criminal career, Abagnale donned a pilot's uniform and copiloted a Pan Am jet, masqueraded as the supervising resident of a hospital, practiced law without a license, and cashed over $2.5 million in forged checks, all before he was twenty-one.

Known by the police of twenty-six foreign countries and all fifty states as "The Skywayman," Abagnale lived a sumptuous life on the lam—until the law caught up with him. Now recognized as the nation's leading authority on financial foul play, Abagnale was a charming rogue whose hilarious, stranger-than-fiction international escapades, and ingenious escapes—including one from an airplane—make Catch Me If You Can an irresistible tale of deceit.

Frank W. Abagnale is now one of the world's most respected authorities on counterfeiting and secure documents. He has worked with the FBI's Financial Crimes Unit for more than 25 years and today teaches at the FBI Academy and for the FBI's National Academy. The founder of a secure-document corporation based in Washington, D.C., he lectures regularly worldwide. Abignale lives in the Midwest with his wife and three sons.

Michael Cerveris, a Tony nominated performer, starred on Broadway in Tommy and Titanic, and in Hedwig and the Angry Inch in New York, Los Angeles and London; his films include The Mexican, Lulu on the Bridge and Strangers; he was a series regular on The American Embassy and Fame.

Journal Entry 2 by mellion108 at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Monday, May 16, 2011
I absolutely loved listening to this. I'm fascinated by the fact that Abagnale was able to get away with so much deception—people will see and believe what they expect, and Abagnale was a master at manipulating that. I'm so amazed that he not only took the bar exam, he passed the darn thing. I'm glad he came out of the dark side and started using his powers for good.

Even for an abridged version, this was pretty good. I don't feel like I missed out on anything, although I would still like to read this book in its entirety.

Catwoman chose this from the CD VBB over on BookObsessed, and I'll have this out in the mail to her as soon as possible. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Received in the mail today. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by Catwoman at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (1/10/2013 UTC) at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

For release