The Tea House on Mulberry Street

by Sharon Owens | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Inver of Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/4/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 04, 2008
BOOKRING - Second copy
Sorry for the hold up with this bookring I managed to find another copy.
madmadge
AnglersRest
musicgirl4
Bonnethillbunny

Back to Inver<----- (It is here,at last!Ring completed)

Click here for new link for first copy of 'The Tea House on Mulberry Street

Journal Entry 2 by Inver at -- Controlled Release in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 07, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (7/7/2008 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

At last another copy of this book (my bookring) is on its way again. Hoping it gets further than the last copy.

Journal Entry 3 by madmadge from Alderholt, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Relax Inver. It's here, it's here! Thank you for the choccie biccie which I gobbled up with my cuppa while looking through my post. The postcard is a good idea - I shall use it as a bookmark and then it will travel on with the book when I've finished.

Hope to get around to it within a couple of days.

Journal Entry 4 by madmadge from Alderholt, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 30, 2008
A nice and easy enjoyable read which is just what I need at the moment. Full of interesting and likeable characters (and some not so likeable). Thank you so much inver for including me in the ring. I will PM AnglersRest (what a lovely name) and send it on ASAP.

Journal Entry 5 by madmadge from Alderholt, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 02, 2008
Posted off to AnglersRest today. Safe journey little book.

Journal Entry 6 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, August 08, 2008
Arrived while I was away in London this week and picked up from the post office this afternoon. After a sneak read a little earlier this is likely to be devoured fairly quickly.

Journal Entry 7 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, August 11, 2008
There was something of a charm about this book,and as I predicted,it was devoured quickly,and ring jumped two books, shh, don't tell anyone!

Essentially set in Northern Ireland and covers the lives,loves and tribulations of some of those who frequent a tea shop. Some of the characters were horried, and others remarkably sweet - the story of Clare and Peter! There was a familiarity with this storyline - it reminded me of The Hat Shop on the Corner by Marita Conlon-McKenna, albeit,that was set in Southern Ireland.

On its way to musicgirl4 at the end of the week along with a few goodies! Does anyone fancy reading The Hat Shop on the corner?

Journal Entry 8 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Glad you enjoyed it. I would be up for reading The Hat Shop if you are ringing/raying it. Let me know.

Journal Entry 9 by musicgirl4 from -- Somewhere in E Yorks, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 23, 2008
Just got back from wonderful holiday in France to find this waiting for me. Will start next week as just started another book. Hopee that's ok. Hope this one works better this time Inver. Thanks to Anglersrest for posting and the goodies yum-yum!.

3rd Jan. So sorry for delay in reading this. Will finish this week and ready to post on to next person. Thoroughly enjoying the book. Thanks Inver.

Journal Entry 10 by musicgirl4 at South Cave, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/8/2009 UTC) at South Cave, East Yorkshire United Kingdom

What a lovely cosy book. Thanks Inver for chance to read it. Now on its way to Bonnethill Bunny.

Journal Entry 11 by BonnethillBunny from Pitlochry, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 15, 2009
Thank you Hilary, book arrived safely.
Thanks too for the lovely notelets, I will send half of them on to Inver.
looking forward to this one

Journal Entry 12 by BonnethillBunny from Pitlochry, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 14, 2009
Enjoyed this, nice easy read, quite interesting characters, some more believable than others though, the obsession of one with a movie star was a bit far fetched I thought. A chic lit.

Journal Entry 13 by BonnethillBunny at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/14/2009 UTC) at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Its in your house somewhere tee hee xx

Journal Entry 14 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Found it sis...lol...while looking for a book to sneek in to your bag!! On the shelf with my other bookcrossing books and cleverly disguised. Wonders what to do with it now it has returned home after the mega bookring. Thanks for taking part everyone.

Journal Entry 15 by Inver at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/24/2009 UTC) at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Sending it out on another bookring on Book Club Forum this time. Enjoy!

kernow_reader
Karen (Karen1981 on here)
Kate (kb.marsh on here)(it is here)

Journal Entry 16 by kbmarsh from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Arrived with me down here in the South!

Journal Entry 17 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 08, 2009
This copy of the book is now back safe and sound with me. It completed a small bookring on Book Club Forum with 3 other readers taking part.

I have now ended up with two copies of it. Thanks for taking part everyone

Released 6 yrs ago (5/29/2013 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sending this off to 'bookfrogster' in Edinburgh as part of a book swap for a wishlist book she sent to me. I do hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 19 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, June 01, 2013
Received from Inver as a swap for the Shoemaker's Wife. Looking forward to relaxing with a nice cup of tea while I read this (and maybe a slice of cake too.)

Journal Entry 20 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, June 02, 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I thought there were some great characters in there and I liked the way their lives slightly overlapped. This is the sort of book that makes me annoyed when people label stuff as chick lit. As far as I am concerned there are women that tell a good story and women that don't (same with men), and I am sure people who would like this book won't have picked it up because of the way it will have been marketed. To them my message is - decide for yourself! Think I may have a next reader identified for this one.

Journal Entry 21 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (6/8/2013 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to AceofHearts as a bit of summer rabckery! Happy reading.

Journal Entry 22 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 20, 2013
Received as a RABCK with a lovely art card depicting a pathway near Loch Lomond. Would love to visit there.

Thanks!!!

Journal Entry 23 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 14, 2014
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. Unfortunately she didn't get around to reading this book.
I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 24 by jacintajewel at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Thrilled to find this book on a bench in the shopping concourse of the Toronto Dominion Centre. It feels like a "Christmas gift" from my mother, whom I used to visit tea houses with. One of the last things we enjoyed together was High Tea at the Banff Springs Hotel. We also used to enjoy swapping copies of Maeve Binchy books, which I see this book is being compared to. Mum lived in Calgary, where I grew up but my family of six, immigrated to Canada from Liverpool, UK when I was 5 1/2 years old. Most of my relatives (other than my siblings), live in UK and Ire, and I've been thinking to take a trip this coming year God willing, (not been able to travel because I had a head injury and has taken me three years so far, on this life-altering journey). I have so many family members in Ireland, North, Middle, and South ;)

At the time I found this book, I was feeling sentimental, and been thinking I could use a nice cuppa, and that perhaps it would be a great idea to take my sister and her (new) husband (whom she has been with for 10 yrs but common law - who are getting married on Christmas Day in Las Vegas), out to High Tea! at the Windsor Arms Hotel in Toronto, as my gift.

I was texting to my sister who lives in Ontario, about when her flight to Vegas is etc, (I'm not going - it's just the two of them in a little chapel), and I sat down on the bench. I did ask a woman if it was her book but she wasn't facing the book and seemed to not hear me as she was chatting with a colleague, then they got up and left. Maybe she finished reading it, put it on the bench beside her and waited til it was in good hands? I don't know, but anyway I shall enjoy reading it over Christmas holidays !

My mother had always wanted to open a Tea House ;-)

Will let you all know my experience when I finish the book!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! xx J

Journal Entry 25 by lmcclare at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 23, 2017
Found this little treasure in one of the little free libraries that are popping up on peoples lawns in Toronto.

It was a sweet, gentle read. Perfect for reading in bed at the end of the day before going to sleep.

Was thrilled to see this book has been out travelling for over nine years and has even crossed the ocean to share its story.

Good reading to whomever finds it next.