Fort Frederick

by Francoise des Ligneris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winginnaewing of Aurora, Colorado USA on 6/23/2008
Journal Entry 1 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Monday, June 23, 2008
The Jefferson County Library's Baby Whale of a Sale was a couple weekends ago, and I picked up two "surprise" boxes - one of hardcover Adult fiction and one of vintage paperbacks -- it is such fun to go through them.

From 1960 -- The very unconventional French bestseller available in English for the first time..."One must do violence to the object of one's desire..." - Marquis de Sade

Journal Entry 2 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Not as risque as the book would like you to think. Yes S/M is discussed, and it is there, if you look. Nothing too blatant. It was an okay read. I plan on saving this for a 18+ spiral ray with a couple other risque novels.

I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!

The Ray Order (subject to change)

Okyrhoe (Greece) <---headed here shortly
JennyC1230 (USA)

Journal Entry 3 by winginnaewing at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, February 23, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/23/2009 UTC) at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

I will be mailing this book out soon, along with Over Sexteen as part of my Over 18 book spiral.

Journal Entry 4 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Thanks innae for including me in the ray, and also for posting the books to me!

I just adore charming & old out-of-print books like this one.

Journal Entry 5 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, April 07, 2009
It's a small book, a compact story, and nicely written. I have to say that after reading some overly explicit books (look up the author "Penny Birch" on my shelf) this was a breath of fresh air.
The lady on the cover is definitely not my idea of Anna!

(I may return to this j.e. to add more comments at a later date. There are some interesting parallels with Elfriede Jelinek's The Piano Teacher...)

And some links to the Goya works mentioned in the story, here and here and here.

----
On its way to JennyC1230.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, April 15, 2009
This book has arrived! I will read it when I finish my current book.

innae - Does it go somewhere else after I finish?

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, April 25, 2009
My Review:

This one was a bit strange. I kept expecting something to happen, but not a lot did. Not a lot of wild S/M. It was more implied in a vague way.

Not sure what to do with it now, so I will make it available until I figure it out. :-)

Released 10 yrs ago (6/16/2009 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to okyrhoe along with a surprise book! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, June 23, 2009
This petite book with its strange tale is back! Thank you JennyC1230 for posting it.

I plan on doing a bit of research about the author, and the artistic/literary references in the story....