The Human Stain

by Philip Roth | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by srmc of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 4/3/2003
Journal Entry 1 by srmc from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, April 03, 2003
If you feel like your mind is turning to mush because you're travelling all the time and lately you haven't had the energy to read anything besides mysteries, this novel will snap you out of it. A challenging but engaging read, full of memorable characters, complex ideas, and surprising plot developments. (But, sadly, no murder victim in a locked room . . .)

Journal Entry 2 by srmc from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, December 11, 2003
Sent to quilts4u as a trade.

Journal Entry 3 by quilts4u from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Wednesday, February 04, 2004
I just finished this one for my book club and realized I had not journaled it yet . Sorry about that srmc. What an engaging read! My book club is having a field day with this one - tee hee! Up for grabs.

Journal Entry 4 by quilts4u at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in Jersey City, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Released on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at mailing to a fellow bookcrosser in Jersey City, New Jersey USA.

Mailing to SCRAM33. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by SCRAM33 from Wilmington, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, July 13, 2004
RABCK'd to me. Thanks so much! I really struggled through this one. Many of the topics seemed to ramble on and on and change narrator without warning or reason. It disappointed me because I truly agreed with quite a few of his observations. Also, it seemed at times he dropped a few crude words in randomly just to bring this novel back to earth. I enjoyed the ironies rampant throughout this book. I'll keep this one moving...

Journal Entry 6 by SCRAM33 from Wilmington, North Carolina USA on Monday, October 11, 2004
sent as a bonus book in a book trade after I saw it on her wish list. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by AmyMS88 from Wolfe City, Texas USA on Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Rec'd this today as a surprise with another book I borrowed from Scram33. Thanks very much for checking my wish list and passing this on! I will read and release or RABCK it soon! Thanks again, Scram33!

Journal Entry 8 by AmyMS88 at -- Lakes, ports, waterways, and ships, Texas USA on Saturday, February 20, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/20/2010 UTC) at -- Lakes, ports, waterways, and ships, Texas USA

Gave to mom to release on the Carnival Ecstasy going to Cozumel.