New Moon

by Stephenie Meyer | Horror |
ISBN: 1904233880 Global Overview for this book
Registered by fushmush of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 6/18/2008
Journal Entry 1 by fushmush from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, June 18, 2008
I stuck my finger under the edge of the paper and jerked it under the tape. 'Shoot,' I muttered when the paper sliced my finger. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut. It all happened very quickly then. 'No!' Edward roared ...Dazed and disorientated, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm - and into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires. For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of an evil vampire but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realise their troubles may just be beginning ...

Journal Entry 2 by fushmush from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Another trashy read from Meyer. Not as good as the first one but the second one can never be.

Thought Bella was a bit slow to pick up on the whole werewolf thing. Accepts Vampires in 2 seconds in the first novel and then takes weeks to work out the werewolf thing. Not realistic.

I really wonder how this series is going to end. Surely Bella is not going to become a vampire.

Going to offer this one up on a bookray. See if it's popular.

Journal Entry 3 by fushmush from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Bookray:
spaceystacey (USA only)
JennyC1230 (USA preferred)
BooksnBeer (USA preferred)
msjoanna (USA preferred)
pitluv4

Journal Entry 4 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Monday, July 14, 2008
Received in the post today. Will be reading before the end of the month and sending back out on its journey.

What a page-turning read! I wish I would have read Twilight first. I love the character of Edward and would love to have one myself.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Fabulous! I received this book in the mail yesterday and pretty much started reading it immediately and I finished it today! What a great series! I really like all the characters, they are so realistic. I love Bella and Edward, they were studying Romeo and Juliet in school and it made me think they are very much like that doomed love story! (I hope that Bella and Edward end up better than Romeo and Juliet!) In this book, Bella started up a more in-depth friendship with Jacob Black, he wanted more from her, but she was still wrapped up in Edward. I agree with fushmush that Bella was a little slow to figure out who was a werewolf. The only thing I could figure is she was so wrapped up in her own pain that she basically couldn't see the truth staring her in the face. Of course there is a big question left hanging at the end! Thus ensuring that people like me will have to find the next book very soon to solve the question!!

Now I will have to track down the next book (or books??) in the series so I can read what happens next.

Thank you so much for sharing your book fushmush and for spaceystacy for sending it on to me!
I will contact booksnbeer for her address and mail it soon!

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 25, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (9/25/2008 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Booksnbeer today! Delivery Confirmation #9102805213683167308948

Journal Entry 7 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Received this in today's mail. Wow - I have three bookcrossing books in front of this but, I will read fast.

Journal Entry 8 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Friday, October 17, 2008
WooHoo!! I started this today - I am looking forward to continuing the series. I will write more later.

Journal Entry 9 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, October 27, 2008
Excellent read - A very light and quick read. I do feel that Bella is a little slow on the Werewolf thing. Also, the werewolf is only around to kill vampires?? I think the author needs to flush that out more. But, I am interested to see what happens next - College and/or Vampire?? I have been explaining this as a Harry Potterish Vampire book. Well, I am off to find the next book in the series.

I have the address for the next person and I will be sending this out this week.

Journal Entry 10 by msjoanna from Columbia, Missouri USA on Monday, November 10, 2008
This has arrived safely in NYC. I'm only halfway through Twilight, but don't expect it will take me long to finish that one and start this one. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 11 by msjoanna from Columbia, Missouri USA on Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I'm really enjoying this series. I have minor complaints about the characters, and about the amount of romance driving the plot rather than external action, but it's still enthralling and fun reading. Perfect escape reading while I'm feeling pretty tired anyway. I'll definitely read the next two books in the series and I'll probably go to the Twilight movie this weekend when it opens.

Thanks very much for including me on this ray. The book is now on its way to Canada.