Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

by Gregory Maguire | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 6/16/2008
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, June 16, 2008
Bought this the other day when I was in serious need of some retail therapy.

Maguire seems to have found his niche retelling classic children's stories from the point of view of the "bad guys", in the process making the stories much more believable, and questioning the basic assumptions they make. In this novel he retells Cinderella, turning it into a tale of psychological damage and political machinations. And of course the happily ever after is about as happy as real life ever gets...

v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, August 17, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (8/16/2008 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at this morning's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 3 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, August 19, 2008
To be put onto to my reading pile and should get read when I am on sick leave.

Journal Entry 4 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, August 20, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (8/20/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Never did get around to reading the book and if it was smaller I would take it with me. My storage space at home is limited to one wardrobe. Given to a fellow bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, August 21, 2009
Lytteltonwitch dropped off a "few" more books that she hasn't had time to release.

v

Journal Entry 6 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, August 28, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (8/28/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at today's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 7 by undura from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, September 08, 2009
picked it up in Coffee Club

Released 10 yrs ago (1/2/2010 UTC) at -- Somewhere in London in Greater London, Greater London United Kingdom

left at my friend's house, they will release it somewhere in london!