A Bottle in the Smoke

by A.N. Wilson | Humor |
ISBN: 1856190196 Global Overview for this book
Registered by mrsbridgewater of Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on 6/16/2008
Journal Entry 1 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 16, 2008
Synopsis
Julian embarks on a career as an aspiring actor and sometime novelist, supporting himself as a bartender in a seedy pub frequented by other bohemians in London of the 1950s. Through an old school friend, Julian meets Anne and they fall in love. However, things do not go smoothly.

Journal Entry 2 by mrsbridgewater at Café Nero in Alton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 16, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (6/17/2008 UTC) at Café Nero in Alton, Hampshire United Kingdom

Releasing this as part of my 2008 release challenge to release 366 books in 366 days.

Journal Entry 3 by Carmel-George from Alton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 02, 2009
I found this in caffe nero, and it was a pleasant read. Don't recall reading this author before. I was dealing with disruption at home and work at the time (new boiler and bathroom; restructure) and this book was a good escape. It describes an earlier and gentler world really. One to enjoy, but not keep forever. It may go back to Caffe nero, or get left on a train.

Journal Entry 4 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 03, 2009
Thanks for finding my book! I release quite a few to that bookshelf, but this is the first one that has been 'caught' and had a journal entry made on the website. Could I be cheeky and ask you to put my screen name, Mrsbridgewater, in the referred by box on your profile page?