The Indian Agent

by Dan Obrien | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 006082381x Global Overview for this book
Registered by biba89 of Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on 6/15/2008
Journal Entry 1 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, June 15, 2008
To be read. A treasure found at the Apeldoorn Boekenbeurs. Or, let's see wether it really is a gem.

Journal Entry 2 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, July 26, 2008
This was a most impressive book. Impressive in the way its characters keep on lingering in my mind, and also the way this situation is described: white people have invaded America, slaughtered the buffalo and sent the indigenous people packing, if they were left alive at all. There is only a handful of tribes left, their livelihood has been exterminated and they are to follow the white man's way of living if they want to survive. There is a US government official responsible for this transition in a certain Indian reservation, wedged between his assignment and the inevitable progress on the one hand and a mourning for the life in balance and freedom the indians used to live, on the other. This McGillycuddy and Red Cloud, they seem to be historical characters. I imagine this is somewhat the way things went with them.
I loved tasting the Lakota Sioux sentences as I tried to pronounce them. Thanks, Kevin Costner.

Journal Entry 3 by biba89 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, August 17, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/16/2008 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

Sent off by Priority mail.

Journal Entry 4 by ermintrude75 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 25, 2008
Thank you Biba89! I look forward to reading this very soon :)