The Jester

by James Patterson, Andrew Gross | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 6/27/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, June 27, 2008
Bought at a library used book sale.

Unabridged on 8 cassette tapes.
Read by Neil Dickson.

Every thousand years or so, a great adventure comes along...

So far, I like this story about a man who goes off to fight in the Crusades and comes back to find his world turned upside-down... and is out to find out why. But there are some mysterious elements, including a relic that shouldn't exist.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, January 23, 2009
Adding this to my bookbox ray: Earreading Audiobooks on Cassette Bookbox #1

I hope whoever finds it, enjoys it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, January 23, 2009
I can't imagine where my review of this book went! I earread it some time ago. I really liked the story itself as it really held my attention and made me consider driving around longer in order to finish just a little more of a tape at the end of the day :-) I'm a character person and was not at all disappointed in the characters here.

It's the story of a man who left for the Crusades to make his life better and returned afterward to find his world utterly destroyed. He has always been a good storyteller so hiding in the guise of a Jester seems only natural to him. I desperately wanted the main character to find out what happened to his wife. Along with him, I felt the agony and the thirst for vengeance against those who took his family away.

Beyond that part of the story, there is a deeper scheme and struggle at play, with roots in power and religion. And though parts of the story are predictable, I really enjoyed the whole thing so very much from start to finish. Love, jokes, adventure, heartache, caring, action, battles, cleverness-- this book has it all!

Journal Entry 4 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, February 23, 2009
Removed from the bookbox. Looking forward to "reading".

Journal Entry 5 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Got this in a box from NMReader a few weeks ago, it's taken me a few weeks to start unpacking it.

Plan to listen to soon......

Journal Entry 6 by BigJohnLefty at -- Wild somewhere in Des Moines in Des Moines, Iowa USA on Monday, January 04, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/4/2016 UTC) at -- Wild somewhere in Des Moines in Des Moines, Iowa USA

Am releasing in the wild.... Hope this finds a good home!