A Clockwork Orange

by Anthony Burgess | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jsmeltser of Fort Madison, Iowa USA on 6/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by jsmeltser from Fort Madison, Iowa USA on Thursday, June 12, 2008
Picked this up at a yardsale. One of the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.

Journal Entry 2 by jsmeltser from Fort Madison, Iowa USA on Monday, August 11, 2008
The frequency of slang used in this book makes it very difficult to read. At least until you begin to figure it all out. I actually tried to read this several years ago and was so turned off by the use of slang that I put it down. It's actually a good read and I'm glad it was on the 1001 list. Although I don't really think I got anything from reading the book that I didn't get from watching Kubrick's film. I think that simply speaks to Kubrick's ability as a film-maker as I usually prefer novels to movies.

Journal Entry 3 by jsmeltser at 1001 Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/11/2009 UTC) at 1001 Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Released in my 1001 Bookbox, BCID: 789-7109837.

Journal Entry 4 by wingk00kaburrawing from San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, May 27, 2009
There's a coupon for pepper in here. Also a coupon for deli-style meat. :-p I guess a previous reader left them behind?

Anyway, I might hold on to this one. I haven't read it before and always wanted to.

Journal Entry 5 by wingk00kaburrawing from San Jose, California USA on Thursday, May 28, 2009
I decided not to keep this one, so it's back into the 1001 Bookbox with you!

Journal Entry 6 by wingwaterfallingwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Thursday, July 30, 2009
Taken from the 1001 Books to Read bookbox

Released 10 yrs ago (9/18/2009 UTC) at Starbucks - Lake Boone Shopping Center in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left in the OBCZ shelving.

You have found a traveling book. You may leave a journal entry (anonymously, if you wish) to let me know that you have found this book. Check back in later to let us know what you thought of the book and if you plan on passing it on or 'releasing it back into the wild'.