THE LAST CONTINENT (DISCWORLD S.)

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by KirstenMarie of København K - City, København Amt Denmark on 6/8/2008
Journal Entry 1 by KirstenMarie from København K - City, København Amt Denmark on Sunday, June 08, 2008
Crazy fantasy-classic by one of the giants of the genre.

Released 11 yrs ago (6/8/2008 UTC) at Sønder Boulevard, midterområdet in København V - Vesterbro, København Amt Denmark

på træværket

Journal Entry 3 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Sunday, June 08, 2008
I'v already got this book. However I couldn't leave it all alone on that bench so I brought it home with me.

Journal Entry 4 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Wednesday, July 16, 2008
I've decided to turn this lovely book into a ray.

Here is the list of participants (the ray is still open):

bilbi
Vekiki
Shelly-Sparkles <-- It's here

Journal Entry 5 by DitteL at København V - Vesterbro, København Amt Denmark on Thursday, July 24, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (7/25/2008 UTC) at København V - Vesterbro, København Amt Denmark

The book is going to France where it hopefully will make its next reader laugh.

Journal Entry 6 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Monday, July 28, 2008
Received today !

I have a book to read before starting this one.

I've started reading this series when I joined BC.

Thank you for sharing this book !

You know, I always laugh when I read a discworld book.

Let me tell you that I'm a librarian (and when I last had a look at the mirror, I was not a monkey !). Moreover I love to read at the information desk... I can't help giggling sometimes ;-D

Journal Entry 7 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Monday, July 28, 2008
I've been on my bookshelf to check "my" Pratchett books and realised that I've already read the lost continent /o
Blame it on the heat ;-)

Well so here's a copy and taste of what I think of the book :

What a refreshing book ! Any country should be explained by Pratchett :D
All the "native phrases" are so much fun !
Pratchett's series is so entertaining !
I love Luggage and the Librarian (I'm a librarian myself) \o/

----
Edit : The book will be going to Vekiki in September.

Journal Entry 8 by Vekiki from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, September 01, 2008
Recieved about a week ago and being very much enjoyed, esp as I have been reading some 'serious' books about Australia recently - not that this book is about Australia mind :)

should be able to post it out about this time next week...

Journal Entry 9 by Vekiki from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 14, 2008
St on its way along the ray to Australia :)

Journal Entry 10 by Shelly-Sparkles on Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Arrived today from the UK.
The Ayres Rock book mark is suburb - I have a photo of me from the 80's sitting on a Holden Kingswood Bonnet with that exact rock in the back ground - priceless!

Journal Entry 11 by Shelly-Sparkles on Saturday, November 08, 2008
I am still reading this book.
Am struggling.
I have giggles a few times but with this Terry book I am finding that I need to keep re-acessing which characters are where! But I do love the voice of Mrs Whitlow....I love her language pronunciation.....I am about half way through.

Journal Entry 12 by Shelly-Sparkles at Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 17, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/17/2010 UTC) at Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Off to my newphew to see if he likes Terry Pratchett as much as I do....