Laughing Gas

by P.G. Wodehouse | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by copfield of Downers Grove, Illinois USA on 6/5/2008
Journal Entry 1 by copfield from Downers Grove, Illinois USA on Thursday, June 05, 2008
In going through my shelves, I realized I had two copies of this. I’ll be releasing this one…

Released 11 yrs ago (6/5/2008 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Meet-up, Rabck in Chicago, Illinois USA

Semi-controlled release at the office book exchange. If it's still there after a couple months, I'll reclaim it and give it a wider release.

Journal Entry 3 by copfield from Downers Grove, Illinois USA on Thursday, June 12, 2008
Re-claimed from the office bookshelf to pass on to mssaver. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by mssaver from Chicago, Illinois USA on Thursday, June 12, 2008
Thanks for passing this along, copfield. I love Wodehouse.

Journal Entry 5 by mssaver at Cafe Mozart in Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/9/2009 UTC) at Cafe Mozart in Evanston, Illinois USA

This is rather different from Wodehouse novels I've read before. It was still amusing, but rather odd. A young Englishman comes to America and falls in love with a Hollywood glamour girl, but things become complicated when he somehow switches bodies with a naughty ten-year-old movie star.

Releasing at tonight's MeetUp

If no one takes it home, I'll leave it on the shelf under the condiments.

Journal Entry 6 by gingergrant from Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, June 13, 2009
Caught it at the first June Evanston BC Meet-up. Thanks, mssaver!

Journal Entry 7 by gingergrant at Evanston, Illinois USA on Sunday, August 30, 2015
A "Freaky Friday" premise--long before "Freaky Friday" was written--with the usual, hilarious Wodehouse treatment. I think I would enjoy the opportunity to be in the body of a burly English peer and deliver "a poke in the snoot" to a few deserving people.