Right Here, Right Now

by HelenKay Dimon | Romance |
Registered by noumena12 of Dayton, Ohio USA on 6/1/2008
Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, June 01, 2008
IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME.
For Gabby Pearson, being dumped in public before the dessert course has to be the lowest of the low-especially when it's the old, "It's not you, it's me" speech. Honestly, how about something original— "I have five minutes to live" (very possible); "It's not you, it's the voices in my head" (thanks for the warning); or "I am such a powerful sexual being I could put you into a coma with one kiss" (wishful thinking). Not that Gabby would ever know since Reed Larkin never bothered to take her to bed. Why does a girl bother (to shave)? The only thing left to do is offer the guy a goodbye-forever drink.on his head.
IT'S ME WANTING YOU COMPLETELY.
Damn. Reed did his job-he walked away from Gabby rather than drag her into his unstable life and danger. Now he's wearing her full glass of wine instead of throwing her onto his sheets. It doesn't help that the woman is smart as hell and could stop a man's breath with that wide smile and those shapely curves. Gabby has it all, and Reed wants every inch of her. And now the joke's on him, because new intel says Gabby has just become his assignment— He has one day to win her back, get information from her she may not know she has, and somehow protect her at the same time.
RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. PROBLEM?
The stakes are high. The odds are impossible. And the mutual attraction is as hot and strong as Gabby's anger. And Reed can only hope his next speech-"It's you, baby, it's definitely you."—will be the start of something wild, something crazy, something dangerous, something wonderful.

Journal Entry 2 by noumena12 at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 25, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (7/25/2008 UTC) at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Surprise wishlist RABCK on the way to Fantasy221
Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 3 by fantasy221 from Hackensack, New Jersey USA on Saturday, August 02, 2008
2 RABCKs from Nou in as many weeks! Thanks! I guess my wishlist wasn't as up to date as I thought though cause I actually got this awhile back for review.

Here's my review:
Gabby is on a date with Reed, a sedate, even-keeled computer geek. They've been seeing each other for a while, and Gabby has decided that this is the night to take things with Reed to the next level – you know, that. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as her - in fact, he's breaking up with her! Gabby is stunned but knows that breaking up over dinner means one thing: if he gets to break up with her in public, she gets to pour wine over his head.

Reed thought that breaking up with Gabby would be the best thing to do. After all, the undercover investigation he's running is getting dangerous, and he doesn't want Gabby anywhere near the danger. So why is he sitting at the dinner table bathing in a merlot shower? Maybe he should rethink pushing Gabby away – which is good because all he really wanted to do in the first place was hold her close...

I really wanted to like this book. Dimon's last book, Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy, was a keeper for me. Unfortunately, Right Here, Right Now fell short of my expectations. I found the way Reed constantly makes decisions for Gabby, in what he believes is her best interest, rather than discussing situations with her to be grating. Likewise, I found it annoying that Gabby would seemingly chastise Reed for his behavior, claiming that she can take care of herself then failing to actually follow through. The things that made me enjoy Your Mouth so much, things like the dialogue and the steamy love scenes, are still here, but overall I wanted Right Here, Right Now to raise the bar for Dimon. I wanted to like this even more than I enjoyed Your Mouth, and instead it feels like Right Here is missing some of the charm that I have come to associate with Dimon's work. Hardcore fans will likely enjoy her latest offering, but newcomers may want to check out some of her older works first.