Winnie-the-Pooh (Pooh Original Edition)

by A.A. Milne | Children's Books |
Registered by Buffheart of Bremerton, Washington USA on 5/31/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Buffheart from Bremerton, Washington USA on Saturday, May 31, 2008
This book is for my PC. I am just registering it so that I can record my thoughts and feelings about it. Plus, if/when I decide to part with it, it will be ready.

Journal Entry 2 by Buffheart at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (4/21/2010 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

I am sending this book off to Florida as part of a trade.

Journal Entry 3 by slb453 from Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Saturday, April 24, 2010
Thank you very much for trading! I've wanted to read this book for a very long time. Looking forward to it, thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by slb453 from Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Sunday, April 25, 2010
What a great read! This is one of the best children's books I've ever read. Such a charming book, full of humor, wit, sweetness (as Eeyore says, "A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference"), and whimsical poetry. There are jokes and wordplay in here definitely meant for the adults reading this to their children (There's a South Pole," said Christopher Robin, "and I expect there's an East Pole and a West Pole, though people don't like talking about them.").

The illustrations are charming and add so much to the book, and I was surprised at how closely the Disney cartoons stuck to the original designs of the characters.

This book also explains something I've wondered since I was a kid: Just WHY is his name Winnie-the-Pooh when nobody ever calls him Winnie?

I'm really grateful that I finally got the opportunity to read this. It's not often I read a book that I feel I HAVE to keep. I think I may have to hold on to this one for a while.

Journal Entry 5 by slb453 at Disney's EPCOT in Lake Buena Vista, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (1/31/2011 UTC) at Disney's EPCOT in Lake Buena Vista, Florida USA

Released at EPCOT as part of my Disney World themed releases! I left this book at the United Kingdom Pavilion since A.A. Milne was a UK author. It was only, coincidentally, when I arrived at the World Showcase and looked over the schedule that I discovered that the UK Pavilion is where Winnie the Pooh characters pose for photos at EPCOT. So I suppose it's doubly themed.

Also released for the 2011 Movie Books Release Challenge and the Keep Them Moving Release Challenge!

TO THE FINDER:

Welcome to BookCrossing! Thank you for helping me track this book's journey! I have been a member of BookCrossing since 2009, and my books released into the wild have traveled across the country, and even to Canada and Uruguay! It's a fun and rewarding hobby! :)

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

1) Register as a member to receive future journal entries on this book and track its journey around the world! It's free and spam-free. Or you may remain anonymous and go to Step 3.

2) Please put me, slb453, as your referring member when you edit your profile. Thanks!

3) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

4) If you choose to read the book, please make another journal entry when you finish it to let us know what you thought!

5) Ready to pass the book on? Click on "make release notes" to let us know where it's going! Leave the book in a public place or give it to a friend!

Enjoy, and thank you for making a journal entry! :)