Mirror Mirror

by Gregory Maguire | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by raralovestoread of Ponchatoula, Louisiana USA on 5/27/2008
Journal Entry 1 by raralovestoread from Ponchatoula, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, May 27, 2008
From the back cover:

The year is 1502, and seven-year-old Bianca de Nevada lives perched high above the rolling hills and valleys of Tuscany and Umbria at Montefiore, the farm of her beloved father, Don Vicente. But one day a noble entourage makes its way up the winding slopes to the farm - and the world comes to Montefiore. In the presence of Cesare Borgia and his sister, the lovely and vain Lucrezia - decadent children of a wicked pope - no one can claim innocence for very long. When Borgia sends Don Vicente on a years-long quest, he leaves Bianca under the care - so to speak - of Lucrezia. She plots a dire fate for the young girl in the woods below the farm, but in the dark forest salvation can be found as well....

Journal Entry 2 by raralovestoread from Ponchatoula, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, May 27, 2008
This is my least favorite of the three Gregory Maguire books I've read. I thought the book started very slowly and took quite a while to get interesting. To be honest, the only reason I didn't stop reading toward the beginning (I was SO bored!) is that I bought the book and didn't want to feel I had wasted my money. It did eventually pick up and was somewhat entertaining.

Journal Entry 3 by raralovestoread at Ponchatoula, Louisiana USA on Sunday, November 25, 2012
Tomorrow I will mail this book to saskiasosmile in the U.K. as part of my International Fiction/Literature VBB. I hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 4 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 06, 2012
This book has arrived, and it looks very interesting to me.
Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 5 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (9/24/2014 UTC) at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

I have read and enjoyed this book! Now it will go on its travels once more as part of the Letter M Book Ring organised by rodespringbal.

Journal Entry 6 by Merolia at Halandri, Attica Greece on Sunday, July 17, 2016
Seems like I never journaled this book when I took it out of the M ring. So sorry about that! I will now make it a part of the ring by authors whose name starts with a G.

Journal Entry 7 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Monday, July 25, 2016
the book is home from the bookring from authors who's name begin with G!

Journal Entry 8 by wingrodespringbalwing at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 06, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (7/7/2019 UTC) at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Took me too long to get to it, Will be released at the meeting

Journal Entry 9 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, July 08, 2019
Hi rodespringbal!;-)and thank you for passing this book on.

Such a well-travelled book and still looking as good as new! I chose this book from the BC-meeting yesterday because it has a lovely cover, and because it says '1502, Tuscany and Umbria' on the cover. No more reasons needed!

Journal Entry 10 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, January 03, 2020
A most peculiar 15th century Italy-variation on the fairy tale of Snow white. I liked it.
-S-P-O-I-L-E-R-S-
I particularly enjoyed the notion of the stony men with the funny names, and the way objects could move through stone.

Journal Entry 11 by Hendrickje at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, January 17, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

To the BC New Year's Gathering 2020!

Journal Entry 12 by Stromend-Water at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 18, 2020
Thank you Hendrickje, it looks like I took a lot of your beautiful books with me. Thank you.