Crow Lake

by Mary Lawson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Ruth013 of Frodsham, Cheshire United Kingdom on 3/29/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Ruth013 from Frodsham, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 29, 2003
A lovely first novel by a Canadian author.
I shall be keeping a lookout for her next one.

Journal Entry 2 by Ruth013 from Frodsham, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 22, 2003
This is now on its way to debnance in the states.

Journal Entry 3 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Thursday, May 1, 2003
Wow! This book arrived very fast! I've heard lots of good things about it...I think it should be next up!

Journal Entry 4 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Sunday, May 4, 2003
I just finished reading this book and...wow! I spent the first 2/3 thinking, Why am I reading this book? Nothing is happening! Then, in the last 1/3, the book all came together for me with one big epiphany. This is a book, I think, that was written just for me, a book about family relationships and what is important in life. And now I need to decide whether to keep it for a group discussion in a few weeks or to go ahead and pass it on....

Release planned for Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at Passed to another reader in Alvin, Texas USA.

I'm sending this out to Libby2! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Libby2 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Sunday, July 13, 2003
I just love finding books in my mailbox! This nice hardcover arrived yesterday July 12th, 2003, thanks to debnance in Texas. I promise to read it, journal at that time and pass it on to someone else who wants it! THANKS!

Journal Entry 7 by Libby2 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Saturday, August 8, 2009
I loved this book! This is one of those stories that has such a "sense of place", that you can walk right into it & lose yourself. The reader gets a real feel of the characters and landscape. I found this drama of family love and misunderstandings compelling and hard to put down. So glad I read it!