The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, Book 2)

by Christine Feehan | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Flossie771 of Villa Rica, Georgia USA on 5/22/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 22, 2008
Another one in the seven sisters series.

Journal Entry 2 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Book 2 in the seven sisters series.

Book description:
Bestselling novelist Kate Drake is one of seven sisters gifted with amazing powers of witchcraft. Returning home in time for her northern California town's annual Christmas pageant, Kate catches the spirit of the season and decides to open a bookstore in a charming but run-down historic mill. Decorated former U. S. Army Ranger Matt Granite, now a local contractor, doesn't mind working in the undeniably eerie house--not if it means getting closer to Kate. There's something about the quiet, sensual woman that powerfully attracts him.
When an earthquake cracks the mill's foundation and reveals a burial crypt, Kate senses that a centuries old evil has been unleashed...and that it's coming after her. Though Matt vows to guard her from dusk til dawn, Kate knows she willhave to summon alll of her and her sister's powers to battle the darkness threatening to destroy both Christmas and the gift of soul-searing passion her hometown hero wants her to keep forever...

Reserving this one for the seven sisters spiral.

Journal Entry 3 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Monday, July 14, 2008
This is an international spiral for The Seven Sisters series by Christine Feehan

Rules (borrowed from JennyC1230)
1. When you receive book, please make a journal entry.
2. PM the next person on the list for their address. (Always check to make sure the list hasn’t changed.) Make sure the person is able to take the book.
3. After you read the book, tell us what you thought of the book.
4. Send the person before you a PM and they will mail the next book to you.
5. When you mail the book, make another journal entry to let us know.
6. Try to keep the book for only a month. If you are having trouble please PM me or e-mail me at flossie771@aol.com
7. If you see anyone on this list who is a known staller of bookrings please let me know that too!
8. At the end the book will come back to me, so if you are the last on the list, let me know and you can send back to me.
9. Most importantly have fun and enjoy the book!! Thank you!

Mailing order:
Kalise (Austria)
Wandering-B (HongKong)
Maurean (US FL) BOOK IS HERE
back home to me flossie771

Journal Entry 4 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 25, 2008
Sending this one out today to Booksnbeer as part of the seven sisters spiral.

Journal Entry 5 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 28, 2008
Received this in yesterday's mail. I am looking forward to continuing the series. I have two other books in front of this one but, I will read fast.

Journal Entry 6 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, November 04, 2008
I received this book in the mail today. I have a book in progress at the moment, but will get to this one soon.
Ruth

Journal Entry 7 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I loved this one too. Quick, easy read, just what I need every once in awhile. Looking forward to the next one! Sendin on to the next in line.
Ruth

Journal Entry 8 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, December 05, 2008
Ah, I didn't recognize this as one of the Drake sisters and was very confused. Great - one and a half rings in front of this, but this should go quickly. Thanks so much for sharing this series, and for sending on. Happy holidays!

Journal Entry 9 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, December 15, 2008
Incredibly seasonal read here, just that instead of the roaring of the sea it's the roaring of the "foehn" wind here (warm wind from the south that brings a change of weather - maybe more snow) which was the background music to this while I was reading it yesterday. I enjoyed this, but some of the Dark series are much more powerful, I think. If this weren't the second in the series I would assume Feehan just wanted to do a book with a Christmas setting because that seems a bit of a gimmick these days. Fun read nonetheless, thanks for making it available. I just got the address for the next crosser confirmed, I'll try to send it out this week.

Journal Entry 10 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Bookring, .---controlled release---. Switzerland on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (12/16/2008 UTC) at Bookring, .---controlled release---. Switzerland

Very foggy day here in the Alps - how fitting is that?? Meanwhile this one follows the previous book in the spiral, down from the Alps and over to Sweden. Thanks for making these available!

Journal Entry 11 by elis-fromSweden from Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, January 03, 2009
The book has arrived in Sweden. It took its time, I guess it is all the christmas mailing that got in the way.

Journal Entry 12 by elis-fromSweden from Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Sunday, January 25, 2009
I have finished the book and the length was better than the first book. It was fun getting to know the drake-sisters a bit more. A quite typical love-romance-novel - but with a magical twist.

Journal Entry 13 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Friday, January 30, 2009
Book arrived safely here in Austria, together with the chocolate! Thank you elisfromsweden, you are spoiling me ... ;)

Journal Entry 14 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Thursday, February 05, 2009
I was so in the mood to read this: it's a fluffy, fun and entertaining read. I liked the central characters a lot more than in the first book and also kind of liked the antagonist, he's nasty, but such an original! Now I really want to read more about the Drake sisters! Bring on the next book! :)

Journal Entry 15 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Thursday, February 05, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/5/2009 UTC) at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria

I mailed the book to Wandering-B this afternoon! I hope you get it soon.

Journal Entry 16 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Received along with another in today's post. I believe these rings like to travel in pairs! Thanks kalise for sending it to me and to flossie771 for making it a ring.

Journal Entry 17 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Sunday, February 22, 2009
A fun read with some memorable new characters and well as the old favorites. Sending it on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 18 by Maurean from Atlantic Beach, Florida USA on Saturday, March 14, 2009
This little book arrived in my mailbox today, all the way from Hong Kong! I'm anxious to read the next installment of the Drake Sisters tale, and I will journal here again, just as soon as I have finished...

Journal Entry 19 by Maurean from Atlantic Beach, Florida USA on Monday, March 30, 2009
I finished this one yesterday (not really the season for it, but hey! what's a gal to do?!), and while I will continue to read this series (Thank you again, Flossie, for the opportunity), I gotta say, I enjoyed the first book better than this installment. Don't think me a prude when I say, I think this one could have done with a little more plot and a little less 'action' (to sort of paraphrase Mr. Toby Kieth).

It is now on it's way home, put out in today's mail; I look forward to the next installment...

Journal Entry 20 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Friday, April 03, 2009
Book arrived safely home....thanks to all that participated.