Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Sciences and Sex

by mary roach | Science |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 5/11/2008
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, May 11, 2008
Bought in Charleston - I had to: not only did I really enjoy Stiff, and have been wanting to read some more of her books, but we'd just spent the night in the wonderful town of Wobbly Bonk (ok, so the name on the road signs was "Rocky Mount", but we rechristened it).

Not as good as Stiff, unfortunately (mainly because Roach suffers from an unfortunate coyness about her subject every so often), but still fascinating stuff. Although it really does need illustrations! (No, not for the reason you're thinking, but because some of the descriptions are so mind-boggling, you really need a picture to clarify that she is saying what you think she is!)

I know some other Mary Roach fans, so I suspect this will be bookringed.

v

Journal Entry 2 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, June 01, 2008
Was given to me at lunch today

Journal Entry 3 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, October 27, 2008
About time I got around to reading this book and a spot of sick leave gives me plenty of time for reading. I enjoyed it but I will have to agree with FutureCat in that it wasn't as good as Stiff. I can't believe that so many people would have sex etc in front of researchers just in the name of science. The book got a bit tedious in parts but there were certainly some very funny case studies. After watching a TV program recently about men having sex with cars it was no surprise to read about what some men had sex with. Have you noticed that is mainly men with these strange habits.

Journal Entry 4 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (11/4/2008 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to fellow bookcrosser

Would love all bookcrossers to come to the
2009 WORLD CONVENTION and welcome you to our beautiful country in April 2009.

Journal Entry 5 by rarsberry from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Picked this up off the table at tonights meetup.
Enjoyed Stiff so hope this is a good read.

Journal Entry 6 by rarsberry at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (10/2/2011 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Put on the table at todays meetup.

Journal Entry 7 by Otakuu at Temuka, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, October 04, 2011
I have heard a lot about this writer so this could be fun

Journal Entry 8 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, January 15, 2012
Ended up back in my possession after our BC Feast of the Ass Party last night.

v

Journal Entry 9 by Otakuu at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/14/2012 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to FutureCat for re-homing

If this is the first BookCrossing book you have ever found, Haere Mai - Welcome.
I hope you join me in this wonderful world

Released 7 yrs ago (1/15/2012 UTC) at University of Canterbury, English Building in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left on the "free stuff" table outside the English department.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.

Journal Entry 11 by JCording at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Found on a "Free Books" table in the English department at the University of Canterbury - looking forward to reading it, as I've heard great reviews of "Stiff".