Bones to Ashes

by Kathy Reichs | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingReetPetitewing of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 5/3/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 03, 2008
Synopsis
The skeleton is that of a young girl, no more than fourteen years old - and forensic anthropologist Dr Temperance Brennan is struggling to keep her emotions in check. Coroner Yves Bradette is being evasive, insisting the bones are ancient and of no interest. But it doesn't quite add up, and a frustrated Tempe is convinced that Bradette is hiding something...It's not Tempe's case; she's overwhelmed with more urgent work in the lab...But the nagging in her subconscious won't let up. A memory triggered, deep in her hindbrain - the disappearance of a childhood friend; no warning, no explanation...Working on instinct, Tempe takes matters into her own hands. But she couldn't have predicted where this case would lead, or the horrors it would eventually uncover...Can Tempe maintain a professional distance as the past catches up with her in this, her most deeply personal case yet?

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 21, 2008
Brilliant!

Journal Entry 3 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 18, 2009
Birthday RABCK for KathyS
Happy Birthday

Journal Entry 4 by KathyS on Thursday, January 22, 2009
What a lovely surprise! Thank you SO much ReetPetite for my birthday RABCK of this book, Danny Wallace's "Random Acts Of Kindness" book and a most welcome bar of "Emergency" chocolate that was scoffed pronto! It certainly cheered me up on my birthday and I shall enjoy reading both books and will pass them on in due course.

Aren't BCer's great!!

Journal Entry 5 by KathyS on Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Another quick read from the excellent Kathy Reichs. I love her mix of science and thriller that always keeps me gripped and frantically turning the pages. Thanks for sharing it with me ReetPetite!

Journal Entry 6 by KathyS at Postal Release - Royal Mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/11/2009 UTC) at Postal Release - Royal Mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On the way to Vespa as a RABCK in thanks for her recent kindness. Just hope she hasn't already read it or has an unregistered copy of it sitting on her shelf!!

Enjoy

Journal Entry 7 by Vespa from Weymouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Friday, March 13, 2009
awwww this really made my day thank you so much you naughty lady :-)))) No I haven't read it, and it isn't sitting on my shelf, so I can't wait to get on and read this one now. Thank you thank you thank you, it wasn't necessary, but very appreciated

Journal Entry 8 by Vespa at Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/20/2009 UTC) at Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I sat and read a double bill of Kathy Reichs over a weekend. Her books are so good that I can't put them down when I start :-) I had already asked Missterry if she wanted the other book, so as this one is also on her wish list, it is going to her as a bit of a surprise ...hope she doesn't mind two books when she is only expecting one :-)

Journal Entry 9 by MissTerry from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Arrived a couple of weeks ago - sorry for the late journal entry. Many thanks for the RABCK Vespa!