The Wailing Wind [4 MCs]

by Tony Hillerman | Audiobooks |
Registered by schwarzer-mann of Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on 4/28/2008
Journal Entry 1 by schwarzer-mann from Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Monday, April 28, 2008

Journal Entry 3 by Komsomolskij from Dannenberg, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, April 23, 2010
Now travelling in an audio-box

Journal Entry 4 by lady-liberty from Coburg, Bayern Germany on Friday, April 23, 2010
I'm not sure yet if I'd gonna take this audio-book, cause my own CDs in return are limited. On the other hand it sounds interesting enough to give it a try. After stepping foreward in the box, it'll become clear, whether or not... :-)

Journal Entry 5 by lady-liberty from Coburg, Bayern Germany on Sunday, May 23, 2010
A brilliantly read story in an unabridged version. After listening to a couple of British audiobooks it seems like a kind of irritation to get in touch with George Giudall but that didn't last for a long time.

As I learnt now, Tony Hillerman is an expert in the Navajo history and mixed their myths, religion and habits perfectly with the present American way of life. The story itself didn't seem to be complicated at first but developed a second homicide case and special intersts in what is called the "Golden Calf" the further it went.

I spent six and a half exciting and entertaining hours with The Wailing Wind!

Journal Entry 6 by lady-liberty at Coburg, Bayern Germany on Sunday, January 01, 2012
Reist nun mit tayians Swap-Box weiter.

Journal Entry 7 by wingtayjanwing at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, July 08, 2012
This audio-box was in my swap-box when it got home. I don't like audiobooks but I like Tony Hillerman. Though I think I won't take a try.

Journal Entry 8 by wingtayjanwing at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (8/2/2012 UTC) at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Das Buch reist mit der "Gefährlichen Buchbox".

Journal Entry 9 by d-vineland at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, September 15, 2012
Der "Gefährlichen Buchbox" entnommen.

Leider habe ich keinen Cassettenrecorder mehr, also dürfen die MCs reisen.

Journal Entry 10 by d-vineland at Meetup in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, September 24, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (9/25/2012 UTC) at Meetup in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Kommt mit zum MeenzUp.
Da ich nur noch ein Diktiergerät besitze.

Journal Entry 11 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, September 30, 2012
Was für 'ne Ausrede. Ich hatte jahrelang in meinem Auto nur ein Diktiergerät, zur Freude der Fahrgäste. :-D

Journal Entry 12 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, January 25, 2013
A classic mystery with a fittingly surprising conclusion. I've read and listened to so many stories of this kind before, yet I still couldn't foresee the ending and was quite dumbstruck. The Navajo aspect of the story was interesting, too. I know so little about native Americans today it did my education some good. ;-)

I somewhat disliked the way George Guidall did the female roles. He sort of squeaks, which ends up sounding inadvertently comical. Other than that I liked his performance, though, his accent and manner of speaking were well suited to the novel.

Released 6 yrs ago (1/25/2013 UTC) at Bücherschrank Karmeliterplatz (bei VHS) in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Nach dem MeenzUp im offenen Bücherschrank abgelegt. Es ist nicht mehr da, also muss es jemand zum Hören mitgenommen haben! ;-)