The Collector Collector: A Novel

by Tibor FISCHER | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 080505118x Global Overview for this book
Registered by crrcookie of Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on 4/23/2008
Journal Entry 1 by crrcookie from Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, April 23, 2008
This book was purchased from the Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc. (C4CCPL) Used-Book Store, located on the lower level of the La Plata Branch Library. Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc. (C4CCPL) is a non-profit, all volunteer group dedicated to expand public awareness and support for the Charles County, Maryland, Public Library system.

I got this book back April 19th, 2008. They ended their big week long sale by selling books for $1 per bag. I got 15 bags of books that I can register and release and many of them will be headed to the International Day of the Book Festival in Kensington, Maryland on April 27, 2008!

Journal Entry Edited 27 April 2008

This book was offered at the …

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE BOOK
Welcome to Old Town Kensington's Celebration of the International Day of the Book.

April twenty-third (the festival is on the nearest Sunday) is a symbolic day in world literature. Declared as International Day of the Book by UNESCO in 1995, this celebration of books and literature draws its inspiration from a Catalan tradition, the Festival of the Rose.

Legend has it that Saint George, Patron Saint of Catalonia and international knight-errant, slew a dragon about to devour a beautiful Catalan princess. From the dragon's blood sprouted a rosebush, from which the hero plucked the prettiest rose for the princess. Hence the traditional Rose Festival celebrated in Barcelona since the Middle Ages to honor chivalry and love. In 1923, this lover's "festa" became even more poetic when it merged with "el dia del llibre", or The Day of the Book, to mark the nearly simultaneous deaths of Miguel de Cervantes and William Shakespeare, the two giants of literary history, on April 23, 1616.

On this day in Barcelona, bookstalls and street festivities run the length of the picturesque La Rambla, the old city's main boulevard and, according to the Spanish author Garcia Lorca, "the only street in the world which I wish would never end".

The Town of Kensington, Kensington Literary Group, and the Pauli Bellet Foundation Catalan Library, invite you to celebrate this wonderful day on Howard Ave, our "La Rambla".

This book did not get chosen and was journaled by another BookCrosser before I made release notes for it. I know that it will be travelling on eventually and I look forward to future journal entries.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 27, 2008
This trade paperback was not selected at the International Day of the Book festival in Kensington, Maryland so I brought it home.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, September 29, 2019
Hmmmm?! I'm thinking about reading this book soon, :D

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, October 01, 2019
I'm not enjoying this book whose protagonist is a bowl. I'm bailing on page 29.

I'm releasing this book for...

***The 2020 What's in a Name Release Challenge hosted by DragonGoddess. The title of this book contains the name OR (x2)

-----------------------------

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, January 03, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/2/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library #37285 at Living Faith Lutheran Church in Rockville, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book for...

The 2021 Oh the Places You'll Go Release Challenge hosted by awaywithfairies. The title of this book contains the word COLL. Coll is an island located west of the Isle of Mull in the Inner Hebrides of Scotland.

------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!