Toujours Provence

by Peter Mayle | Travel |
Registered by nuttyreader of Wichita Falls, Texas USA on 4/19/2008
Journal Entry 1 by nuttyreader from Wichita Falls, Texas USA on Saturday, April 19, 2008
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Vintage (June 2, 1992)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0679736042
ISBN-13: 978-0679736042
Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.1 x 0.5 inches

Like Provence, Mayle continues to charm with further adventures from the land of food, wine, and sunshine. If you haven't read "A Year In Provence", I'd suggest starting with that as many of the "characters" he introduced make return visits here. Less structural than his first book, these chapters come off as varied meditations on random events that occur day to day; A birthday picnic, a new found pet,the search for gold in his backyard, and of course the various gastromical pleasures to be found throughout the region. I didn't find it quite as good as the first book, but still he has a way of making you feel like you're sitting down with an old friend.

Journal Entry 2 by nuttyreader from Wichita Falls, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I enjoy Mayles books and look forward to the ones I have not read yet.

Journal Entry 3 by nuttyreader from Wichita Falls, Texas USA on Monday, June 09, 2008
Putting in princess-peapod's spring cleaning #2 bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by TaleofGenji from North Jersey, New Jersey USA on Friday, June 20, 2008
I'm drawn to this book for some reason.

Journal Entry 5 by TaleofGenji at North Jersey, New Jersey USA on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (10/5/2014 UTC) at North Jersey, New Jersey USA

Clearing out my bookcases. These books will travel soon.