National Trust Handbook 2007

Registered by Caterinaanna of Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on 4/17/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Caterinaanna from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, April 17, 2008
These normally go into the recycling bin, but in fact the National Trust tends to gain properties rather than lose them, and they don't often make drastic changes to their opening times, so I think there is life in it for a while yet. The lists of coastline and coutryside car parks will still be of use as they stand, and there are telephone numbers for all the properties so it's fairly straightforward to check what, if anything, will be different this season (or next, or the one after ...).
The information is concise and clear. It gives wonderfully precise - and, in our experience, correct - details about access arrangements and suitability of its properties for visitors of various ages, abilities and species (terrestial & domestic only for now, but mayhap things will change as time goes on).
If having looked through this, or/and made use of it, you are tempted to support the National Trust I would strongly recommend it: it's too easy to think about all the grand houses the NT preserves and forget about the work it does in the countryside. Oh, and it's good value for money if you get out and about around the country - to things other than BC meet ups that is!

Journal Entry 2 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Picked up from the book buffet, and passed on to Lytteltonwitch, who´ll be visiting some of these places.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, May 30, 2008
Sorry it has taken so long to log this book but have had limited internet access and also having trouble keeping track of things.

Journal Entry 4 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Carlisle Castle in Carlisle, Cumbria United Kingdom on Friday, May 30, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (5/18/2008 UTC) at Carlisle Castle in Carlisle, Cumbria United Kingdom

Was left on a seat in the castle area a few days ago

Journal Entry 5 by autumnmn from Buffalo, Minnesota USA on Monday, August 25, 2008
I found the book at a friend's home in August. She was not sure how to send it on it's way. I offered to take it with me on a trip to Seattle, Washington in Oct. We are taking the train so it may end up anywhere.